How do I delete a Discord account
How to delete your Discord account
Discord is an extremely popular messaging and voice chat application available on desktop and mobile platforms. If for whatever reason you want to delete an account that you have on Discord, be it because you want to create a new account or if you have problems with other users on your current account, you can do so in a few simple steps.
If you are using the Discord desktop client or Discord from a browser tab, here are the steps to delete your account:
- Open the Discord client or log into your account using a browser tab.
- Find the gear icon and click on it to open the User Preferences menu (in the lower left corner of the interface).
- On the new screen, click the "Edit" button to the right of your profile picture and username.
- Click the red "Delete Account" button below.
- Enter your password in the form to confirm again that you want to delete your account.
This is all you have to do on your end. Discord doesn't delete profiles immediately, and you have about two weeks before the platform actually deletes your profile. During this period, you can change your mind and recover your account by attempting to log in with the credentials for the account you submitted for deletion.
Another thing to keep in mind is that once you own a Discord server you will either need to transfer ownership of your servers to another user or delete them. This is required for the account deletion process.
Be warned - account deletion is final after the grace period has expired
Finally, note that Discord also offers the option to deactivate your account instead of deleting it. A deactivated account can be restored at a later time. There is no two week timer after which the account is deleted like there is with deletion. You will also no longer receive notifications about the deactivated account, but other users will still be able to send you friend requests, which you will be able to access when you reactivate your account.
Note that if you exceed the grace period after deleting your account, there is no going back. The deletion process is irreversible and you can never use the same account again. So make sure you understand what you are doing and that you want to be sure that this account will be deleted.
- Were Republicans Democrats and Democrats Republicans
- Where can I buy crypto currency
- Jakarta is beautiful and worth a visit
- Draws the US military in a citizen
- We have already been to DEFCON 1
- How did Kakinada get its name
- Which is the best restaurant in Karimnagar
- What is 1000 0 1
- What are the best lead magnets
- What if you are everything and nothing
- Why is everything dangerous
- Why don't relationships with middle school work
- How can I just start dropshipping?
- Are related to Chinese and Vietnamese
- Are there incomprehensible numbers?
- Which muscles do you train when swimming?
- What are good follow-up interview questions
- What does conditional independence mean
- Why were no micropayments deducted
- What does entrophy mean in music
- Why did you leave SpaceX
- Men like to go out with fat women
- Why is pornography bad for you
- Donald Trump is your president