I drink too much water
How much fluid does the body need?
A lack of fluids shows up quickly through various signs. Depending on the extent of the defect, this includes:
- Dry mouth, decreased saliva and urine production,
- A headache,
- Weight loss,
- decreased skin tension, swollen tongue, difficulty swallowing,
- accelerated heartbeat, increased body temperature,
- thickened blood,
- severe limitation of physical and mental performance, confusion,
- Muscle spasms as well
- Circulatory collapse.
Dehydration and possible consequences often affect older people, especially with swallowing difficulties. You can find more information under Drinking in old age.
Severe water loss can lead to serious physical damage. Without replacing the liquid there is a risk of death. Substances that are normally excreted in the urine can no longer be adequately eliminated by the organism after two to four days.
The need for fluid is increased e.g. during physical exertion, during sport, at high or very low temperatures and during fever, vomiting and diarrhea. The body also needs more fluids during pregnancy and breastfeeding, and more should be drunk.
NoteWater is not only found in beverages, but also in various foods - especially fruits and vegetables.
Further information is available from:
- Is Epicureanism a cynical philosophy
- Does eating junk food harm our health?
- Who was the greatest military strategist in history?
- What is the definition of historical importance
- Is a degree from ASU worth anything?
- Why does Malaysian food suck
- Why do cars bounce in rap videos
- Should I join Synechron
- What screams I'm upper class in Australia
- What are some marketing manipulation tactics
- How are the slope conditions measured
- Can licking certain frogs actually kill you?
- Smoking cigarettes makes you think better
- Is GoDaddy the best VPS hosting provider
- How do I start a profitable business
- What are the dangers of dog bites
- How can I identify people with two faces
- How can you fight against fake reviews
- How is LGBT life in Vietnam
- Do you date black people?
- Which is better Goa or Thailand
- Can you be unlikely
- Money laundering is bad
- Exercises less risk of cancer