Physical blow or injury may cause cancer
In addition to pain relieving cooling and immobilization of the injured testicle, painkillers can be used if the pain is more severe.
The doctor always treats open injuries surgically. In addition, he / she checks whether there is adequate vaccination against tetanus and, if necessary, administers a tetanus vaccination (active immunization) and tetanus antibodies (passive immunization). In addition, she / he initiates treatment with antibiotics as a precaution. In the case of severe, open injuries, the doctor can relocate the testicles under the skin of the thigh to improve the healing process. After a while, she / he will return the testicles to their normal position during a second operation and cover them with skin or muscle tissue. If the testicular capsule is injured or the seed and hormone-producing tissue is damaged, surgery is carried out to protect healthy tissue.
During operations, the doctor always makes sure that - if possible - part of the semen and testosterone-forming testicular tissue is retained (partial resection). If the injury is so severe that both testicles have to be removed, the doctor will initiate lifelong testosterone treatment.
Psychological consequences, such as depression or post-traumatic stress reactions, can be treated with psychotherapy and / or medication.
Treatments for specific injuries:
- Blood clots (hematomas): In the case of small blood clots, the doctor will wait and check regularly whether there is a good resolution. Larger blood clots will need to be surgically removed.
- Scrotal skin degradation (décollement): Here, the doctor provides the patient with muscle tissue by covering the testicle. The doctor usually takes this from the leg region.
- Testicular displacement: This injury makes it necessary to expose the testicle and also to fix it again in its natural position.
- Burns and scalds: The doctor will treat this depending on the severity. In superficial, mild cases, cooling, disinfection and treatment with an antibiotic ointment are often sufficient. In more severe cases, depending on how much tissue has been destroyed, he / she has to remove the skin of the scrotum, dead tissue from the testicle or the entire testicle (orchidectomy). For more information, see Burns and Scalds.
- Testicular torsion: The doctor only tries in exceptional cases (e.g. if an operation cannot be carried out quickly enough) to turn the testicles back into the correct position with their hands. If a testicular torsion is suspected, an operation is performed immediately, as an interruption in the blood supply to the testicle can quickly lead to damage to the testosterone and seed-forming tissue. The doctor opens the scrotum to reverse the twist. Then she / he sutures the testicle to the testicle capsule (orchidopexy) in order to prevent renewed testicular torsion.
- Cutting the spermatic duct: Here the doctor can try to sew the ends back together (vasovasostomy). If the person concerned is severely weakened by a serious injury, this procedure does not need to be carried out immediately. It can also take place later after the general condition has improved.
- What are the properties of dark light
- What are the methods of ripening fruits
- Everyone should have a purpose in life
- What is that semi-perishable food
- Do you feel more alive at night?
- What is the best affiliate tool
- Which questions are asked in the FMEA
- What are the benefits of niche marketing
- Who defined poverty in the US
- Do you know some free money
- Whose obesity responsibility is family or society
- What are good dates in Boston
- How do I get rich on Quora
- What is another word for food poisoning
- Are the Turkish races racist
- What is energy
- How is measure theory useful in finance?
- Why is Google considered an API company
- What is a PPPoE username and password
- Women should wear more protective clothing
- May foreigners like the Chinese
- What is a good cleaning
- What are the most unhealthy times to eat
- President Trump abuses his power
- How is the structure of classical music
- How could the Roman Empire survive?
- What was God never created
- Which country has the most beautiful women
- Can we eat milk while we have typhoid?
- The iPhone is made in China
- How secular is the US
- What are the best clickbait titles
- What is the importance of market research