What is the importance of education 7
Education - what is it actually?
There is no standard definition for “education” because everyone has a different idea of it. Knowledge, intellectuality and sophistication stand for education - but the individual personality also plays a major role.´
The term “education” is first associated with the school, in which teachers try to give their students the level of education that has been determined as appropriate in the curriculum. Accordingly, education is knowledge - education is learning and teaching - education is knowledge and knowledge. But is that all that education is all about?
The Humboldtian ideal of education
The undisputed forefather of the modern conception of education is Wilhelm von Humboldt, who carried out what is probably the most far-reaching educational reform in the German-speaking area between the 18th and 19th centuries. Education defined by Humboldt as "The stimulation of all human powers so that they develop through appropriation of the world and lead to a self-determining individuality and personality".
Education as a process of individualization
According to Humboldt's ideal of education, education is more than the mere acquisition of knowledge - individuality and personality as well as the development of talents play an equally important role. Education is therefore a process of individualization through which people can develop their personality. The philosopher Henning Kössler describes education as “the acquisition of a system of morally desirable attitudes through the mediation and acquisition of knowledge in such a way that people choose, judge and take their position in the reference system of their historical-social world, get a personality profile and gain life and action orientation ".
Characteristics of educated people?
In order to describe the term “education” in more detail, some attempts have been made to define education on the basis of lists of criteria. For example, according to the German educator Hartmut von Hentig, anyone who has the following character traits or skills is considered educated:
- Disgust and defense against inhumanity
- The perception of happiness
- The will and the ability to communicate
- An awareness of the historicity of one's own existence
- Alertness to final or undecidable questions
- Personal responsibility and responsibility in the res publica
This can also be expressed by a list of goals that can serve as a guide for the design of educational measures:
- Abilities to cope with life and everyday life
- Sense of responsibility, ability to compromise and peace
- Creativity and self-control
The educational formula
In short: the concept of education encompasses the totality of the abilities and characteristics of a personality. These are in a permanent development process. This also includes the concepts that are usually understood under 'education' in the narrower sense:
- Knowledge - in the sense of 'having knowledge of something'
- Intellectuality - related to special artistic and scientific knowledge (from the Latin intellegere = to understand)
- Refinement - as the well-groomed and socially desirable way of life developed in a social context
- Individual attachments of personality as well
- Temporal, spatial and social conditions
This creates a mixture that can be described as the personal education of the individual. A construct that belongs to the [intlink id = “1828 ″ type =“ post “] basic rights [/ intlink] and can only (if at all) be assessed and seen in relation to the immediate environment.Author: Miriam Bax
Published on January 19, 2011
Tags: education, Humboldt's ideal of education
- Is there life on other planets
- How do I turn houses
- Like where stingrays made
- Can a Canadian citizen live in France?
- Light moves indefinitely in space
- How programmers remember codes
- How is LGBT life in Vietnam
- What daily foods are cancerous?
- Which countries forbid the Bible
- Can you own a bazooka
- Unusual are pork dishes in Indonesia Malaysia
- Which states have the most gun owners
- Have you found your passion
- What is the 41st
- Is it possible to settle in Dubai
- What is Smart Content Marketing for 2020
- Which websites are showing conversion rates
- How is a typical Singaporean relationship
- Only image responses are allowed on Quora
- Donald Trump's family hates him
- What is a proper vegan diet
- When was Bharatanatyam found
- How much salary do IELTS examiners earn
- How to clean a Dyson vacuum