Where is the Palestine region
The unresolved Israeli-Palestinian conflict is one of the main obstacles to peace and long-term development in the Middle East, especially in the Palestinian territories.
The West Bank and Gaza Strip are factually and politically separated from each other. Import and export restrictions as well as the geopolitical fragmentation of the Palestinian Territories impede the movement of people and goods and thus make economic development more difficult. Domestic political uncertainties and the limited right of self-government in the Palestinian Territories make it difficult to build state institutions. The so far unexplained status of the Palestinian refugees is also a major obstacle to peace across the region.
The Palestinian economy does not offer sufficient employment opportunities. Unemployment is therefore very high, especially among young people, women and people with disabilities. Young people in particular are becoming increasingly open to radicalization due to unemployment and lack of prospects - coupled with the psychosocial consequences of the conflict. To counteract this, they need to get better job prospects.
On behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), GIZ is working on three thematic priorities:
- Sustainable economic development, vocational training and the labor market
- Governance, Democracy and Civil Society
- Peacebuilding and Resilience
In the area of sustainable economic development, GIZ focuses on three main areas: On the one hand, it promotes the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises. At the same time, GIZ would like to improve vocational and university education in cooperation with the private sector. In addition, supply and demand on the labor market should better meet each other. GIZ also supports the Palestinian side in implementing the FinTech strategy and improving companies' access to innovative financial services. In this way, GIZ is helping to improve the economic situation of the Palestinian population and creating employment opportunities, especially for young people.
In the area of governance, GIZ supports the Palestinian self-government in building state institutions and promoting a democratic culture. GIZ is also working with civil society to strengthen the political participation of the population. Together with local authorities, GIZ promotes local government reforms, eGovernance, inclusion, the advancement of women and police work.
In the area of peacebuilding and resilience, GIZ is committed to providing psychosocial support and participation for Palestinian refugees as well as social cohesion and the prevention of violence. In addition, GIZ is helping to improve basic services - such as access to health, drinking water and sanitation - for Palestinian refugees and vulnerable population groups in the Gaza Strip.
- Is Quebec French different from Acadian French
- What does Walmart do with shoplifters
- Is economic growth a public good?
- How smart are most people really
- Why does Quora advertise blatantly insincere questions
- Why does a parachute descend slowly?
- Why is Discord mainly used by gamers
- What is the best Facebook plugin
- Are poppies illegal
- Can we create a wormhole on earth?
- Is it immoral to chase your crush?
- Bodies decompose on Mount Everest
- Which foods help to cure fatty liver
- What qualities make a person rude?
- Is Warren Buffett wrong about Bitcoin
- Can you take pictures of atoms
- Which country is the most polite
- Is BTS popular today? If so, why
- Clickbank has an app
- Why should the government step up education first?
- Why is Taiwan called ROC
- Americans are seen as white
- Why do liquids heat up faster than solids
- What is a network station
- How do you increase your B2B business
- Why is Abraham Lincoln on the penny
- What do you think of drug addicts
- Where were weeds first discovered?
- What is your most unnoticed physical quality
- Can I move my WordPress site manually?
- Why does Hawaii have so many homeless people
- Obesity is really a handicap
- People who work in NGOs receive a salary