Is international trade sustainable?
Nowadays, sustainability is rightly capitalized everywhere. Sustainable development represents one of the greatest global challenges of our time. It would be too brief to just keep in mind the ecological aspect. Because sustainability also includes an economic and a social dimension at the same time. It therefore requires holistic solutions and a strong involvement of the economy, which benefits from a key function in this area. After all, according to the UN, international trade serves as an engine for promoting sustainable development.
Trade in goods and services as well as foreign direct investment reduce poverty, improve the quality of life for many people and have a long-term positive effect on the environment. This requires good governance in the individual countries and responsible companies. Thanks to their comparatively high sustainability standards and high-quality export products, Swiss companies make a significant contribution to sustainable development in the world. They are among the most important foreign direct investors, especially in developing countries. This is often associated with a strong commitment in the field of training and the transfer of modern technologies.
In order to be able to exert a positive influence in the future, Swiss companies need access to world markets that is as free as possible. In a time of stagnant multilateral trade liberalization, this is increasingly ensured by bilateral free trade agreements. These are primarily economic agreements that aim to break down trade barriers. Intergovernmental organizations (UN, OECD, WTO, etc.) that negotiate and develop sustainability standards are of central importance. Switzerland should continue to play an active part in this.
- How does backpacking work
- What are IT service companies
- What happens to people who commit suicide?
- How can I learn to read people
- Am I a narcissist 1
- You can die from basal cell carcinoma
- How to write a Quora post
- What are some breathtaking coincidences 2
- What is the deadliest naturally occurring poison
- What do the British think of Brazil
- How can I claim free money
- What is the power of direct selling
- What's your best social media marketing tip
- What is a B2B company example
- What is the most widely read children's book
- How did people make such great discoveries
- What if Tasmania became a country?
- Random Steam Keys are really worth it
- Why can't people be happy?
- Most men are circumcised
- Why did the Beatles play Rickenbacker guitars
- How do you get approved documents
- Is WordPress good for serious ecommerce businesses
- Gamification increases user engagement
- How many people get MRSA each year
- How do I find hobbies or passions
- Every startup should have its own crypto currency
- How do you get new customers
- How long does it take to collect the Walmart food
- What is the square root of 96
- How safe are tourists in Lahore Pakistan
- Are we in a black hole
- What is the time-space continuum
- Will Christ come in 2028