What Reduces Abortion Rates
Birth control: Unwanted pregnancies are decreasing worldwide
According to one estimate, the number of unwanted pregnancies has declined worldwide since the early 1990s. This is the result of a study by the Guttmacher Institute and various UN organizations published in the specialist magazine Lancet Global Health has been published.
Accordingly, between 2015 and 2019, an average of 64 out of 1,000 women became pregnant unplanned each year. That corresponds to 121 million pregnancies annually. Between 1990 and 1994, an average of 79 out of 1,000 women between the ages of 15 and 49 reported an unwanted pregnancy.
In at least some parts of the world, the abortion rate has also fallen significantly since the early 1990s - in Europe and North America by as much as 63 percent. Worldwide, however, more than half (61 percent) of unplanned pregnancies are terminated. In addition to the legal situation regarding abortion, income also plays a significant role.
According to the study, countries with liberal abortion rules and high incomes have the lowest abortion rates. According to the study, only 11 out of 1,000 women ended their pregnancy prematurely. In contrast, where abortions are prohibited, an average of 32 out of 1,000 women choose to have an abortion, even in high-income countries. There was even an increase here. The abortion rate is comparatively high in middle- and low-income countries.
"Imposing legal restrictions or preventing access to abortions does not reduce the number of people who seek these services," said Zara Ahmed of the Guttmacher Institute, according to a statement.
- How to clean window grilles
- How can I lose weight efficiently
- How much are 2001 pennies worth
- Let the training live longer
- What is nickel chloride used for?
- How does inflation affect the rich
- How Can I Learn Ecommerce Marketing
- How can investment improve the economy of poor countries
- Why did Indonesia buy drones from China
- How many people work in an embassy
- How much did your training cost
- How do you rate Lee Kuan Yew
- Why can't we live without money
- What is meant by space is growing
- Why are solar panels shiny
- Are German motorways free or subject to tolls
- How much does IVF cost in Bangalore
- How does the dress code influence behavior
- Are the US and Canadian immigration linked
- Are volcanoes responsible for climate change?
- Why is food so important
- What is funnel in SEO
- Support Singaporeans' freedom of information
- Where do people speak Chinese outside of China?