What are some unusual but interesting statistics
126 interesting social media numbers and statistics
Every click, every view and every login is documented somewhere on the World Wide Web.
Depending on your personal worldview, this is either creepy or insanely interesting. We as data nerds at Brandwatch fall into the second camp.
We keep coming across all sorts of interesting statistics about social media sites and users, so we've put the best in this extensive list. It's a useful list to add context to your social media marketing efforts.
For all the curious, this represents a multitude of impressive numbers, user numbers in the high millions and time spent in millions and billions of hours. For marketers, the statistics on social networks can inform and improve their strategy and spending and thus enable a more focused targeting of users.
Social media statistics
Social media business figures
- Social networks generated a total of $ 8.3 billion in advertising revenue in 2015
- $ 90 billion was spent on social media advertising in 2018
- 38% of the companies planned to spend more than 20% of their total budget on advertising on social media channels in 2015, an increase of 13% compared to the previous year
- Only 20 of the Fortune 500 companies connect with their customers on Facebook, while 83% are present on Twitter
- 55-64 year olds are two times more likely to respond to branded content than those 28 or younger
- 96% of people who talk about brands online don't follow any of the brand profiles
- 78 percent of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour
Content Marketing Statistics
Social media video statistics
- 500,000 new users are added to Facebook every day; that's 6 new profiles every second
- 69% of all Americans are on Facebook
- 79% of all online adults in the US use Facebook
- 74% of Facebook users check the platform every day
- The average user spends 35 minutes on Facebook every day
- The average number (mean) of friends is 155
- Half of the internet users who do not use Facebook live with someone who uses Facebook
- Of these, 24% say they looked at posts or photos on their account
- There are an estimated 270 million Facebook fake profiles
- The most popular page is Facebook’s main page with 204.7 million likes. The most popular page that does not belong to Facebook is Christiano Ronaldo's page with 122.6 million likes
- There are 60 million active business pages on Facebook
- Facebook has 5 million active advertisers on the platform.
- Facebook has 53.1% of all social media logins from consumers who log into the apps and websites of publishers and brands
Would you like more numbers? Here is an extensive list of numbers related to Facebook.
We have a more extensive list of Twitter numbers here.
You can find many more figures about YouTube here.
Would you like more information? We have a more detailed list of Instagram numbers here.
A more detailed list of LinkedIn statistics can be found here.
There is a more extensive list of Snapchat statistics here.
This is our list of social media statistics and it shows only a small fraction of the strange and interesting facts and figures out there. We update the list when we receive new data points.
If you're looking for deeper insights into your target audience, brand, or competitor, contact us for a free demo and see how Brandwatch Analytics can drive your social media strategy.
- Are Keto Advanced Weight Loss Pills Safe
- Why is bladder cancer so dangerous
- Is Google better than Microsoft
- Chinese police officers carry guns on patrol
- Can dogs eat cupcakes?
- Why is this universe filled with space
- What is 64 ounces of water
- What are different types of vitamins
- How can the government prevent a traffic accident
- How marketable is a degree in mathematics
- What makes a great script
- What's the hardest part about getting older
- What are parquet floors
- What video games are there for philosophy
- How do Chinese symbols represent English words?
- What are the basics of influencer marketing
- What's good about chinese food
- Who gives the best relationship advice
- Why should you never go on a diet?
- Why does Nerf call their magazine clips
- Does Eating Pork Affect Your Behavior?
- Have you ever had a boating accident?
- What's your story of being pregnant
- What happened to the Zimbabwean currency
- What are some interesting facts about anything
- Is handwriting a dying art?
- How many types of Bible are there
- API is a web service
- What is balance sheet trading
- Does paid search influence organic search
- Did Plato write the republic?
- Are there any Iranian embassies in the US
- Were Greeks and Romans Caucasian
- Have rolling objects contact friction