What is the best HTML5 video player
HTML5: 10 video media players at a glanceExcellent article
In the latest version 5 of HTML there will be specifications for a video tag that will allow web designers and web developers for the first time, Videos just as easy on a website, such as a picture.
In practice this could look like this:
<videowidth="320"height="240"src="/wp-content/flvplayer/content/demo-video.mp4"autobufferautoplaycontrols><divclass="video-fallback"><br>Sie benoetigen einen Browser, der HTML5 unterstuetzt. </div></video>
In order for this to work, the browser manufacturers have to go along and implement the video functionality in their browsers, and above all those recommended by the W3C Implement guidelines accordinglyso that the video integration works identically as possible across browsers.
This cannot be taken for granted, as the browser developers could definitely take other paths due to various reasons such as financial and technical aspects. But you can assume that no browser is ultimately too far will move from the specifications of the World Wide Web Consortium. Beyond that, HTML5 is still there in developmentso that there may still be changes to the relevant specifications.
It is true that the integration of a video is also relatively easy at the moment - plugins such as the Flash player, Quicktime, etc., thanks - but the HTML5 approach would be a giant step towards browser and device independence when it comes to video playback.
It is therefore certainly worth taking a look at HTML5 media players that are already available on the market. There are now a number of players for integration on websites that allow the integration of videos using HTML5 and display - provided a suitable browser is used.
We would like to briefly introduce some video players here:
YouTube HTML5 player
If you have an appropriate browser, for example Firefox 4 (WebM), Google Chrome (WebM and h.264), Opera 10.6 (WebM), etc. and the video codec supported in each case, you can use the YouTube HTML5 video player use.
Vimeo HTML5 Player
The player, which is currently still in beta status, runs on the latest versions of the Safari, Chrome and IE browsers (with Chrome Frame installed). To use the HTML5 player from Vimeo To use or test it, you can click on the lower area of each Vimeo video "Switch to HTML5 player" button click.
- Free & Open Source
- Lightweight: NO IMAGES ARE USED
- 100% skinnable through CSS
- Library independent
- Easy to use
- Very understandable & easy to expand
- Consistent look across all supporting browsers
- Full screen and full window mode
- Volume control
- Flash fallback (even when using an unsupported source)
JW Player for HTML5
Video for Everybody!
Ambilight for Video Tag
Ambilight is a simple video player that allows the integration of HTML5 video and stands out in that it shows the average colors in Ambilight style at the edges depending on the color in the video.
DailyMotion HTML5 Video Player Demo
FlareVideo is an open source project and HTML5 video player based on jQuery, which has a full screen mode and flash fallback mechanism.
- HTML5 video with Flash fallback
- Easy CSS / HTML / JS customization and the possibility to create themes
- Full-screen support
- Completely open source and free, also for commercial use
VP Factory generally differs in that it is a completely cloud-based video management application with a flexibly adaptable video player and lots of other features.
The Sublime video player is still in Experiment stage and currently only supports a certain number of browsers. However, the long-term goal of the developers is to make SublimeVideo executable for all modern browsers. In addition, the video player will be released soon freely available offered, at least for non-commercial purposes.
Otherwise, the Sublime video player allows the simple integration of videos in blogs or websites that comply with modern web standards.
- Full window mode
- HTML5 video with its advantages
No browser plug-in required
No flash dependency
Any selection of a specific point in the video without buffering
- Full-screen mode
- What's your rating of Monsanto
- How's the morning on Pluto
- What use is real life
- What is a cop killer bullet
- How fast can tractor units go
- Can I let my retracted hairline grow?
- How Will Gun Control Stop Gun Crimes
- What can I do with USAA insurance
- Can you make cookies from cake mix
- What is the American dating culture
- What makes you passionate about your job
- How does SEO affect your website
- Are Tutsi related to Somalis Oromo
- Why does snow taste different than water?
- How to do local SEO marketing
- Which house at Hogwarts values brotherhood the most?
- How many sects of Islam are there today
- Which year is the most valuable penny
- Is Paleo a good marathon training diet
- Who is well healthy
- What spell did Voldemort use on Snape?
- How is NITIE
- Something can mathematically come out of nowhere
- Why does Quora have top authors