Should have a 14 year old bedtime
Controversial topic of sleep - how much sleep do teenagers need?
Even if the individual need for sleep differs from person to person, a child between three and five years of age needs around ten to 13 hours of sleep, between the ages of six and 13 this levels off at nine to eleven hours.
Even with the onset of puberty, not much changes in that: Between 14 and 17 years the average sleep required by adolescents is still between eight to ten hours - only a few of them need less than seven or more than eleven hours of sleep. The rapid growth, the development of the brain and the hormonal processes that begin during this period make this break.
At the same time, however, the biorhythm of the adolescents changes. The sleep hormone melatonin, which is responsible for making us tired in the evening, is now released later than when we were children. This change is responsible for the fact that the adolescents are often not yet tired by the time they should actually go to sleep.
On the other hand, you have to get up early for school, which usually starts between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. This discrepancy ensures that teenagers consistently lack sleep for one to two hours each night. The consequences are a lack of concentration and a reduction in performance. Too little sleep also weakens the immune system and can promote the development of mental illnesses.
- Which country accepts the most immigrants
- How fast can tractor units go
- Adsense is patented
- How often do the PE ratios change
- What is my youtube url
- Guns make Americans safer
- What would happen if God appeared?
- Is WordPress compatible with Bluehost
- Deletes WhatsApp inactive accounts
- Are there main types of events
- How would you create a zombie apocalypse
- How does the second dimension exist?
- Feeding tubes are good for cancer patients
- Will CM Punk return to WWE
- Why is Loewe a symbol of bravery
- Why is machine learning useful
- What is the best website for press releases
- How important is sex in life
- What is a random process
- Should the US reintroduce the military draft
- Where are IIM Indore alumni
- How powerful are lichens in D D.
- What's the best biscuit recipe
- Does the cake mix really run off