Constipation can cause obesity
Weight Gain In Old Age: What Are The Reasons?
After the age of 40, many people gain weight. The weight gain is often half a kilogram to a full kilogram per year. Doctors cite various changes in the body as causes, for example in muscle weight, in the hormone balance and changed lifestyle habits in the so-called middle of life. Many find it difficult to get rid of the pounds. Regular exercise and a balanced diet are important.
Causes of weight gain in old age
There are several causes of age-related weight gain:
- power consumption: From the age of 30, muscle mass decreases by 0.2 to 1 percent per year. At the same time, the percentage of fat in the body increases. Because fat cells consume fewer calories than muscle cells, the so-called basal metabolic rate decreases. For example, this is up to 30 percent lower for a 75-year-old man than for a 25-year-old.
- metabolism: From the age of 40, the metabolism decreases by around 15 percent. One reason are the hormones: in women the estrogen level drops, in men the testosterone level. This reduces muscle mass and reduces energy consumption.
- Move: With increasing age, many people exercise less. This can also reduce muscle mass. A breakdown of the muscles leads to a lower consumption of calories.
Anyone who eats a little more than he or she consumes every day increases: If the additional intake is only 19 calories per day on average, the excess calories add up to a weight gain of one kilogram after a year.
Consequences of age-related weight gain
If age-related changes lead to obesity, this has an impact on blood sugar, blood pressure and blood lipid levels. These diseases can be the result:
Determine excess weight with BMI and waist circumference
Whether you are overweight can be determined with the body mass index (BMI) and the waist circumference:
- The BMI is calculated by dividing your own body weight by the square of your height in meters. Example: If a woman is 1.69 meters tall and weighs 85 kilograms, then she has a BMI of "85: (1.69 x 1.69) = 29.8". From a BMI of 25 and above, it is considered to be slightly obese (pre-obesity), from a BMI of 30 to obesity (obesity).
- According to the World Health Organization, women should be one or more Waist circumference lose 88 centimeters, men from 102 centimeters. The reason: fat tissue in the abdominal area produces disease-causing hormones. They promote high blood pressure and underlying inflammation. In addition, fatty acids are more easily released from the belly fat, which pass into the bloodstream and can damage the heart.
Reduce obesity with exercise and a balanced diet
To reduce obesity, exercise and a balanced, low-fat diet are important. The menu includes more healthy protein, fewer unhealthy carbohydrates and fewer sweets.
Experts on the subject
Dr. Songül Gräfendorf, specialist in general medicine, nutritional medicine, sports medicine
(04101) 224 23
Dr. med. Matthias Riedl, specialist in internal medicine, diabetologist
At the straw house 2
(040) 80 79 79 0
This topic in the program:
Visit | 03/10/2020 | 8:15 pm
- How do you design an algorithm
- Can an astronaut get pregnant in space
- Will the next recession affect real estate?
- Has anyone experienced racism in the UK?
- Is dropshipping still profitable in 2020
- Are the buffalo and bison the same thing?
- How many liters in 6 milliliters
- What are the best philosophical dialogues
- Is my poem publishable
- What physical characteristics make a woman beautiful?
- Will the average American ever visit Hawaii?
- Does weed smoking trigger an eating disorder
- What are some ideas for web services
- What is the chemical reaction of photosynthesis
- The whites begin to leave South Africa
- Why are solar panels shiny
- What are the main features of socialism
- Breaking tortoise shell
- Linkedin sales teams use Salesforce
- Why should I buy digital games?
- Can Amazon Affiliate Marketers Increase My Sales?
- Where can you sell antique cameras
- Where can I find reliable SEO websites
- How can I learn to read people
- What are accounting costs and economic costs
- Why don't people buy jewelry online
- What are the criteria for a great fashion blogger?
- Where on earth there is no time
- Read blogs on Quora
- Can I drink warm water at night
- What is 0 0 0 0 17
- Why is ClickFunnels so expensive