How should I do the trigonometric substitution
Integration through trigonometric substitution
Integration through trigonometric substitution is a special case of integration through substitution. This method can always be used when the integrand has a term of the kind , or contains. After applying trigonometric substitution, we get an integral that is easier to integrate than before. In some cases it is only possible to determine the integral through trigonometric substitution.
If one wants to find the area of a circle or an ellipse that corresponds to the integral (a> 0) suffices, one might think that u = a²-x² is the most effective substitution. But the integral is not that easy to solve:
Depending on the term, a different substitution must be selected. There are three ways to substitute trigonometrically:
First we need to choose the appropriate substitution. In this case we can remove the root if we assume x = 3 · tan (θ). This gives us dx = 3 · sec² (θ) dθ.
Now we have to rewrite the integral in terms of the original variable x. Since our substitution is x = 3 · tan (θ), we can solve for tan (θ) and thus get tan (θ) = x / 3. We now only have to resolve sec (θ). Each of the five trigonometric functions can be written in the form of any other. For sec (θ) this would be:
This gives us the end result:
- Bronstein, I. N., & Semendjajew, K. A. (2001). Paperback of Mathematics (5th, revised and expanded edition, unaltered reprint). Thun [and others]: German. ISBN: 978-3817120055.
- Glosauer, T. (2015). (High) school mathematics: a stepping stone from high school to university. Wiesbaden [among others]: Springer Spectrum. ISBN: 978-3658058647.
- Mainland Chinese really don't like each other
- What is 1 1 1 1 61
- What are the best flight booking hacks
- What's your Top Quora Digest Number
- Which president was against NASA
- What is real money demand
- Dark matter is dangerous
- Why does masturbation feel good?
- What's the Worst Disney Channel Show
- Is there a free WordPress hosting
- A Steam account is free
- What happened to 6 GHz processors
- 3 hours of study is enough for CAT
- Reject Answer has been removed from Quora
- Will Christianity die out in the west
- What is Email Campaign Management
- How to make homemade waffles
- Einstein smoked marijuana
- Cubone evolves
- Microtransactions are good for video games
- What is BaCO3 HCl
- What are some cool FPGA project ideas
- How is business growth necessary for property owners
- Who was the last decent Roman emperor?
- What does Singapore mean for the Singaporeans
- Which company offers the best tour packages
- What is reservoir sampling
- Euros are used in Budapest and Prague
- What would be considered recorded music
- What is the Fermi Paradox 2
- What did backpage girls do
- Why are Europeans so impatient with tourists?
- Should old people be lifting heavy weights
- Like boys, chubby girls