What will you never understand
You will never understand
Films A-Z> You will never understand (OmeU)
Documentation / 2003 / 52min
Editor: Anja Salomonowitz
Cast: Gertrude Rogenhofer, Hanka Jassy, Margit Kohlhauser
Language & subtitles: German original version with English subtitles
Anja Salomonowitz portrays three women from her family who were almost girls during the Nazi era. All three played a key role in her upbringing. They stood on different sides, present the story differently today: Hanka Jassy, her great-aunt, survived Auschwitz. Gertrude Rogenhofer, her nanny, was a socialist and supported her uncle in the resistance. Margit Kohlhauser, the grandmother, lived in Graz during the war. She did what most did there: nothing. The filmmaker confronts herself and her family members with the different memories. She asks questions and, when she puts her grandmother in the picture, is just as much a granddaughter as she is descendants of survivors.
New to the VOD CLUB
- What's better than MailChimp
- How multicultural is China
- Why don't many countries like Nigeria?
- How does affiliate online marketing work
- How long does bipolar hypersexuality last
- Can an employer force you to resign?
- Which is the best lingerie fair
- Is it worth it to be an EMT
- What is taught in Calculus 2
- Why are Chinese obsessed with Apple
- What is the best remedy for digestion
- How many cups are 4 ounces of water
- Why is Spain a poor country
- What is the business model of Food Pandas
- The people in France see the Americans negatively
- How do mental states affect dating?
- How do I compress directories in Python
- Are Russians racist
- How common is polygamy in Pakistan
- How does my chow usually taste
- How impact craters create mountains
- How is winter in Bogota Colombia
- How software mailing lists are helpful
- Can prostatitis really be cured