How can I start blocking
Android Tips: How to Block Unwanted Callers on Your Smartphone
Constantly annoying phone calls to your smartphone? With the help of built-in functions, you can easily block out unwanted callers. We'll show you how to do it.
Regardless of whether you are unwelcome acquaintances or annoying call center calls: If you want to block callers, your Android smartphone provides various options for this. With just a few steps, you can easily hide interference.
How to block callers in the phone app
In general, you can set which numbers you want to block in the phone app of your smartphone:
- Open the phone app on your smartphone. To do this, click on the handset symbol on the screen.
- Now open the settings. To do this, click on the three dots at the top right and then on "Settings". With some devices there can also be "More" stand.
Depending on the Android version and device, you will find various descriptions such as "Blocked numbers"or"Call barring". In this menu you can manage your blacklist and manually enter numbers that are to be blocked. Depending on your smartphone, you can also specify that you want to block generally unknown callers. It is also possible to set an absence message, for example" I am in a meeting ". However, this option is less suitable if you generally want to block a number. It is more suitable for cases in which you are actually prevented and want to inform your callers of this.
Block number via contact
Alternatively, you also have the option of blocking a single caller via the contact. Open the desired entry in your contacts and click on the three dots in the upper right corner. Here you select the option "Block number"or"Block contact". The function may have a different name depending on your device and Android version. The contact is then on your blacklist and may have a corresponding icon.
Apps as an alternative
You can also block callers by using an external Android app. In the Play Store you will find numerous apps, including free ones, with which you can block a number. These often have even more diverse functions, for example callers with certain area codes can also be blocked. The "Calls Blacklist" app, for example, can be downloaded for free and has received good ratings in the store.
When downloading from the Google Play Store, be sure to check the download numbers and user ratings. Malicious apps keep sneaking into the Play Store, which in the best case scenario turn out to be adware. This is malware that displays unwanted advertisements on the device.
- Money really buys health and love
- How many tattoos does Eminem have
- Why do children hate their mother
- How much energy does a neutrino have
- What are the 1 best web hosting plans
- Where can i treat acid reflux
- How to classify rough diamonds locally
- How can someone become a blogger
- What do creationists think of scientists?
- Make red and purple matches
- What is your Instagram account
- What do the Swiss do well
- Has anyone cured stage 3 cervical cancer
- Feeding tubes are good for cancer patients
- Has Montreal slums
- We have already been to DEFCON 1
- How did Lee Harvey Oswald die
- Who is the most mysterious man
- Why does the Labor Party fail
- If sarcastic responses violate the quoras policy
- Who would win Kakashi or Itachi?
- What do you mean by passion
- Why don't popular Quorans ask questions
- Will de Gea moves to Real Madrid
- What are the top premium WordPress plugins
- Skin cancer can lead to death
- When will companies start paying in cryptocurrencies?
- When were half dollars hired
- Is it legal to kill someone in self-defense?
- What should PM Modi do next
- What is your unpopular opinion on math
- Do I need free UCs
- I want to sell my product on Amazon