Why do you most often use computers
How to Solve Common PC Problems
Stubborn computer, slow internet connection, striking printer - you can solve many typical IT problems yourself. We explain how to cope with these problems.
Troubleshooting is part of everyday business with PCs. Especially with older arithmetic men. But before you pay a lot of money for support, try it yourself first. We provide solutions for the most common problems.
Rebooting works wonders
It doesn't sound particularly resourceful, but the first thing you should do is restart your PC if your computer starts to bother. After that, the computer runs smoothly again in most cases.
Solve USB recognition problems
In addition, always keep Windows up to date by activating the automatic Windows update. Updates can contain important bug fixes and performance improvements.
If you have problems with a peripheral device, turn it off and then on again. If that doesn't work, try reconnecting the device. As a last resort, download the latest drivers and do a complete reinstallation.
Your computer is too slow
If your computer is too slow, the first step is to check that the device itself is the cause of the problem. If videos just take a long time to load or websites don't display anything, it's not your computer. For example, use our free speed meter test to determine your broadband speed.
If your PC is the problem, check whether there is enough space on your system hard drive. Because Windows needs plenty of free space to create data while your system is running. If your hard drive is full, performance will suffer.
Muck out Auto-Start
Microsoft's system configuration tool, msconfig, should be your next step if it is not performing well. Many applications start automatically when you turn on your PC, which can increase boot time significantly, especially on older, slower computers. You should therefore delete any programs you do not need from your autostart. Press the Windows key together with "R" and enter msconfig in the prompt that appears and then press the Enter key.
The msconfig tabs "Startup" and "Services" are the best way to safely deactivate potential performance restrictions. However, do not shut down any (!) Services and applications for which Microsoft Corporation is specified as the manufacturer. Programs like AdobeAAMUpdater, Google Update, Pando Media Booster, Spotify, and Steam Client Bootstrapper can easily be removed. With programs that you do not know what they are for, you should be careful not to switch them off.
Once you have made all the changes, click OK and restart your computer. It should start faster and feel faster too.
Downloads are taking too long
Speedmeter.de is very suitable for testing your internet connection. Start a speed test to see your download and upload speeds. These should be at least 50 percent of the speed specified by your provider, with a ping of less than 100 milliseconds.
If the speed seems plausible, then see whether you are unconsciously downloading or uploading in the background. Many torrent download programs run in the background and are minimized to the notification area of the system tray.
Also check your network hardware. If your network card manufacturer offers a new driver, download and install it. Resetting the router or modem can help if you have connection problems. Most routers and modems have reset buttons for this, otherwise you can pull out the power cord briefly to achieve the same effect.
Are you still having problems? Then call your Internet service provider. They can tell you whether the problem is yours or whether the internet connection is generally disrupted in your street or neighborhood. Under certain circumstances, it will also provide you with an update for your router software if it has been damaged for whatever reason.
Delete data on the SSD completely and safely
Your computer keeps restarting
Hardware problems are difficult to spot and just as difficult to fix. Update all of your important system drivers. Your graphics card, motherboard, and network card are especially important.
Is your computer making strange noises? If you are lucky, all you have to do is clean it thoroughly. Modern computers have safeguards that shut down the system if a component overheats, which can cause frequent restarts when running complex programs or games.
Pop-up advertisements will appear on your desktop
If you haven't opened an internet browser but still receive pop-ups, you have most likely installed adware (a program that shows unwanted advertisements). Getting rid of adware is not always easy.
- Why do the French eat baguettes
- Furniture suppliers should tip
- What is meant by update and upgrade
- How do gangs recruit young children
- An abortion at 8 weeks is murder
- What is Donald Trump's Credit Score
- What do dogs do during the day
- Are gun legislation unconstitutional
- Why was lucid dreaming no longer investigated
- How secular is the US
- How do I promote my affiliate website
- How has a longer lifespan affected the perspective of mankind?
- What is more important passion or priority
- Are Tutsi related to Somalis Oromo
- Is sadness different from unhappy
- How am I supposed to invest 50 in Robinhood
- Is the RSS an anti-national sangathan
- What's so great about Drake
- What does matter do to space?
- Loud makeup makes you look prettier
- How does Sweatcoin pay you
- What are some easy crispy biscuit recipes
- Which country is the best economy
- Why are there no government banks in the US?
- What is the percentage of 5 16
- How can a Brazilian emigrate to Canada
- Check what is canceled
- Runners age faster
- Could the British have successfully defended Singapore?
- Does the LPU offer international studies
- Can Walmart look up a lost receipt
- How can I receive software mailing lists
- How did hot dogs get their name?
- Why do cats like Roomba vacuum cleaners?