What makes shortbread so crumbly
Mix the flour, sugar, vanilla sugar and salt on the work surface. Cut the cold butter into pieces and add to it. Knead a dough with your hands. Knead only as long as necessary so that the dough doesn't get crumbly. Then put the shortcrust pastry in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
Put a baking sheet with baking paper.
Tip: make rolling pieces of wood
The next time you visit the hardware store, get a wooden strip one meter long and with a cross-section of 10 * 15 mm. Saw this bar in half. The wooden sticks are then placed to the right and left of the dough and the corrugated wood is rolled onto the strips. As a result, the dough thickness is exactly 10 mm or 15 mm over the entire surface.
Roll out half of the dough 1 cm thick and put the remaining dough back in the refrigerator. Using a suitable object approx. 15 cm in diameter (for example a plate or a bowl), cut out a round sheet of dough and place the sheet of dough on the baking paper. With a long, straight knife or, better, a pallet Mark 8 "Pieces of cake". Score the dough about 5 mm deep. The shortbread is broken at these marks after baking. Make short diagonal notches around the edge, e.g. with a chopstick. Then, for example, use a blunt wooden skewer or a chopstick to dab approx. 5mm deep holes in the shortbread.
The shortbread fingers should be about 2.5 by 7 cm. To do this, roll out an approx. 10 cm wide sheet of dough with the remaining dough, but slightly thicker than for the petticoat tails, about 1.5 cm thick, and place the sheet of dough on the baking paper. Then cut the dough into a 7 cm thick strip of dough with a knife or a pallet and divide this strip of dough into 2.5 cm thick Shortbread Fingers. However, keep the shortbread fingers close together. Then poke holes in the biscuits with a chopstick, for example.
Now roll out the edge pieces from the shortbread fingers again 1 cm thick, then cut out shortbread rounds with a diameter of approx. 5 cm, for example, and place the rounds on the baking paper.
Bake the shortbread in the preheated oven at 160 degrees fan-assisted or 170 degrees top / bottom heat for about 15-20 minutes, until they start to brown. Then separate the shortbread fingers while the shortbread is still warm. Finally, sprinkle a little sugar on the still warm shortbread.
- What is forced labor
- Can humans eat dog or cat food?
- Which apps are real money-makers
- What does neanderthal man mean
- When was the binomial system invented?
- Which country has the most stable government?
- Does social media organic work for e-commerce
- Why not crush it last
- Would you choose intelligence or wisdom
- What affects the US economy
- How can time be slowed down?
- Which company makes the best chairs
- What are the ClickBank competitors
- Which is the best bulk SMS software
- Who signs a death certificate
- What's your best shot
- Why should I have a personal blog
- How do Trump's tariffs benefit the US?
- Who cooks the best steak in the world
- Is North Korea a communist country
- What does merge mean in Quora
- When was the Kaaba built?
- What is quality control
- Why do you like to code