What is the name of the science of submarines
The submarine war
As a rule, German submarines attacked using "pack tactics". Since the German Navy did not have its own reconnaissance aircraft, the submarines had to form a line of attack to locate targets. About twelve boats were concentrated in a certain sea area and carried out their attacks together, with the individual submarine commanders having full freedom of action. After the USA entered the war in December 1941, German submarines operated for the first time off the east coast of America a month later, where a lack of American coastal protection enabled them to torpedo ships even in the port of New York and in the Mississippi estuary.
In this phase of the "Atlantic Battle" between January and July 1942, the submarines of the German Navy achieved the highest success numbers of the war with 229 sunk merchant ships before the turning point in the submarine war began. In the North Atlantic at the beginning of 1943, an allied air umbrella formed with the help of long-range bombers and escort aircraft carriers. Equipping their air and naval forces with newly developed radar and sonar enabled the Allies to locate and destroy German submarines even in bad weather and at night.
After the German navy lost over 70 submarines in the first five months of 1943 and these losses were disproportionate to the successes of the sinking, Dönitz ordered the abortion of the convoy battle in the North Atlantic on May 24, 1943. In the South Atlantic and the Indian Ocean, the submarine war was to be continued with sudden brutality - an increasingly hopeless undertaking.
Most of the 780 German submarines sunk in World War II, with almost 27,000 crew members killed, were lost after May 1943. Before the capitulation in May 1945, German submarines sank around 2,800 Allied merchant ships with a total of 15 million gross tons.
- Why are trade unions non-profit organizations
- What does Di Molto mean in Italian
- YouTube censors its search suggestions
- In 1609 he sailed the Hudson River
- What is an example of cellular respiration
- Can cats see IR
- Can I break a virgin with my finger
- What is the future of the theological seminaries
- What is solid angle
- Blogger is free
- What are private forums used for?
- How smart and happy to be
- What is life or death important
- Why is America the Least Bilingual Country?
- Without money there will be power
- What does the sale of B2B software look like?
- How did the Romans conquer Greece
- Umidigi is a reliable smartphone brand
- What are cultural issues and values
- Can you describe happiness in three words
- You can mix Adderall and Xanax
- Why did Jet Airways suspend all flights
- Can hydrofluoric acid melt a human body
- Difference between convergence and divergence