Why should I visit the Philippines
How dangerous are the Philippines for vacationers?
From TRAVELBOOK | July 13, 2020, 11:41 am
Anyone planning a trip to the Philippines should be extremely careful right now. Because not only is it currently not safe in many regions of the country, it is also still questionable how the corona crisis will continue to develop. In addition, martial law applies in some regions and there is a risk of kidnapping by Islamist terrorists.
Travel to the Philippines is currently not possible for holidaymakers from Germany. The Foreign Office writes in its travel and safety information for the Philippines: "Due to the spread of COVID-19 and the associated restrictions in international air and travel as well as adverse effects on public life, we continue to warn against unnecessary tourist trips to the Philippines . Until further notice, foreigners are prohibited from entering the Philippines nationwide; Filipino entry visas issued were declared invalid. "
Dangerous regions of the Philippines
And anyone who is currently planning a trip to the Philippines should know which regions are dangerous. According to the Federal Foreign Office, these are the following:
- Zamboanga Peninsula (Region IX)
- Northern Mindanao (Region X)
- Davao Region (Region XI) excluding the urban area of Davao City
- Soccsksargen (Region XII)
- Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM)
- Islands of the Sulu Archipelago
- South Palawan with the exception of Puerto Princesa
"Unnecessary travel to other regions of Mindanao and the Mindanao Sea is not recommended," the website says.
In addition, there is a very high crime rate. "There are pickpockets, handbag theft, e.g. by motorcyclists, and various scams. Locals in particular are at risk of serious violent crimes, but the number of attacks on foreigners by organized gangs, but also by individual perpetrators, is also increasing. This also affects car traffic and, for example, vehicles waiting at traffic lights. "
Increase crime and corruption
Travel security expert Sven Leidel has considered the threat and dangers in the Philippines to be high for some time. "In addition to the aforementioned security concerns in connection with a currently high risk of kidnapping, there is also an increased crime rate and above-average corruption as well as possible demonstrations, riots and attacks by terrorist organizations and rebel groups (e.g. Moro Islamic Liberation Front / MILF, Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters / BIFF) Potential risk in the Philippines ”, says Leidel to TRAVELBOOK.
The author of the “Handbuch Reisesicherheit” points out that in the past it was mainly “soft targets” that were difficult or impossible to protect that were affected by attacks. This means, for example, shopping centers, marketplaces, sights, airports and local public transport as well as government and police buildings.
Sven Leidel's conclusion: "The current danger and risk situation in the Philippines, also in combination with an increased risk of kidnapping, do not really make the country the first choice for my upcoming vacation, although it is indeed beautiful and its (scenic) Has charm. "
Also interesting:Palawan named the best island in the world
Danger from active volcanoes
Another danger factor in the Philippines are the active volcanoes on the islands. In January 2018, Mount Mayon volcano, northwest of the city of Legazpi, was still spewing lava for days. Because of the ash cloud that followed, air traffic over the islands was severely restricted. According to the Foreign Office, the activity of the volcano has decreased slightly, but "an eruption and ash rain can occur at any time, which can lead to failures and closures in air traffic".
- Do pulsar emits light How
- Can people leave the Milky Way
- What are some top-down shooter platformer
- Are turtle gud to keep at home
- Russians and Poles still hate Germans
- Which place has the healthiest cuisine
- What is the cheapest caliber of ammunition
- Is antimatter better than matter
- Can a dog survive after eating grapes?
- What is the greatest lie about politics?
- What is your unpopular opinion on math
- Can I get a work permit for Azerbaijan?
- How do I optimize my YouTube SEO
- What is your favorite web development company
- How much are Tesla employees paid
- What kinds of people make you happy
- What do you usually eat for breakfast
- What is a secondary color
- Can a narcissist be spiritually awakened
- How a self-service supermarket recognizes items that have not been purchased
- Is this coin worth money
- What fats are bad
- Why should I never go to China
- What is Millennial Generation Entrepreneurs