How did Hermione die
If Hermione had died hunting the Horcruxes, would her parents remember her?
There are many examples of magic that outlive its maker. Death doesn't undo all the magic you've ever done. Consider things like:
Dumbledore's protection at Hogwarts, Sirius' father and Moody's wards at 12 Grimmauld Place, the magical properties of ancient magical artifacts, and all the permanent custody spells.
I think you have to be some magic active and see something as a permanent change of ownership. Your grip on a person's body or mind could be something that may only last as long as your magical powers allow, while the transfiguration indicates this fundamental change and you would survive.
If you accept that, you have two options to see what Hermione did:
An active Imperius style mind control. She could instruct them to leave the country and use their not inconsiderable willpower to point out that they are different people without giving up their underlying thoughts. Her death would mean they remembered, but by that point her strategic value (e.g., the goal of reaching her in order to get to Hermione) would be gone. You would still be safe.
A fundamental change in their minds to remove (or otherwise block) certain reminders. It would not reverse when she died and make her ignorant of her existence and death. The To forget however, it was proven to be dangerous and could irreversibly corrupt the spirit (Jorkins).
Either hold it safe . I disagree with the current high answer. I don't think Voldemort would have used it other than as a pressure point for Hermione.
The only mentions of memory alterations in the books are related to that forgotten Charm together so you'd assume the second would be truer (especially if you were looking at one persistent blissful ignorance for their parents close), but the risk of such a fundamental change to their parents to undertake The mind might suspect that it was not.
Ooo, with the help of the Harry Potter Wikia page on Memory Charms, we can see that it not was forgotten :
In Chapter 9 of Deathly Hallows, just before erasing the memories of Antonin Dolohov and Thorfinn Rowle, Hermione says that she has never performed a memory spell even though she has already changed her parents' memories.
There is a web chat with JK Rowling in which she confirms this:
They are two different charms. She did not erase her parents' memories (as she later does with Dolohov and Rowle); She bewitched them to make them believe that they are different people.
As far as I know, there is no use in the books of this charm by which to determine its persistence.
- Can you make your belly grow
- Girls really like to make money
- How do I clean brass jewelry
- Which country has no ruler?
- Can you still ask questions about Quora?
- Helps black chana lose weight
- How accurate is Google's geolocation
- Why do individuals give relationship advice
- What do bodybuilders look like at bantamweight
- Have you found your passion
- What bothers you about Singaporeans
- What is the best home cleaning agency
- Why is Mecca so important to Muslims
- What is the best game of skill
- What are some breathtaking coincidences 2
- What is China's greatest irony
- Get faster by driving short distances
- How do you know if you're hired
- What makes a man worth dating
- What can humanity get from exploring Mars
- What is a herbal diet 1
- What is the name of a female horse
- What are some photos that scare you
- How big is a million dollars