Which cigarette is best for health
Vaping is less damaging to the heart and blood vessels than smoking
Switching to e-cigarettes leads to less damage to health compared to tobacco cigarettes - at least in terms of vascular health. This is confirmed by the latest study results from Scotland.
In the new year in particular, many people intend to finally quit smoking. The end point method is undoubtedly the best for your health. However, without accompanying measures such as nicotine replacement therapy, this method has the lowest success rate of five percent. But even those who switch to e-cigarettes can significantly improve their vascular health - after the first four weeks. It also reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease. Scottish researchers around Dr. Jacob George of Dundee University Hospital.
In the from the British Heart Foundation initiated study - allegedly the largest to date to investigate the influence of e-cigarettes on vascular health - a total of 114 participants were followed for two years who had smoked at least 15 cigarettes per day in the past two years (see Journal of the American College of Cardiology, published online November 15). The subjects were divided into three groups: One group continued to smoke cigarettes, a second switched to e-cigarettes and liquids with nicotine, and a third group switched to e-cigarettes and liquids without nicotine.
Result: Those subjects who switched from tobacco cigarettes to e-cigarettes achieved significant improvements in vascular health with regard to endothelial function and arterial stiffness, the researchers write. This effect could be observed regardless of whether the test persons had consumed nicotine-containing or nicotine-free liquids. In the test subjects who continued to use tobacco cigarettes in addition to the e-cigarette, however, it was much smaller than in the case of pure vapers.
Nevertheless, first author Dr. Jacob George pointed out that e-cigarettes still pose a threat: “It is important to emphasize that e-cigarettes are not safe. However, according to our study data, they are less dangerous than tobacco cigarettes in terms of vascular health. "
Source: University of Dundee press release of November 15, 2019 & Ärztezeitung of December 4, 2019
- Buy people an Instagram following
- What is the importance of leadership qualities
- What is a monolingual English speaker
- How can I understand dark matter
- What is the error in 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 10
- Repels dark matter regular matter
- Why do philosophers have a high IQ
- How do intelligent brains work
- How much physical money exists
- What is an electron volt
- Running marathons is harmful to your health
- How many people speak English around the world
- What is data and what is information
- Can disperse light energy
- How does a photon exert an attraction?
- What are the properties of dark light
- How are you going to spend New Years
- Western women marry Saudi men
- Are Japan's immigration policy so strict?
- How should rented PG apartments be?
- Killed Michael Corleone Apollonia
- What is missing in e-learning
- Hillary Clinton is under investigation
- What are the disadvantages of drinking alcohol