What are the different art forms
The types of art
Art is a term these days that covers a gigantic area.
When one speaks of "art", a painting is often meant, or more generally, various paintings. But painting is just one of many generic terms.
What is "painting"?
Painting means that you paint something, but how exactly you do it is up to you. This art has different styles!
The most important styles are undoubtedly:
Impressionism and Expressionism aim to create impressions. These are mostly motifs which are supposed to create a certain mood.
Realism shows images of reality, while surrealism often distorts objects or depicts them "differently" than they appear in reality. This doesn't necessarily have to be a crazy shape, it can also mean crazy colors. Minimalism is limited to the essentials. Here mostly an object or a figure is shown in a very simplified way. The renouncement of details is the be-all and end-all.
Not only is a picture shaped by its style, there are also differences in the motifs.
Important types of motif are:
- Landscape pictures
- Still life
And as if that weren't enough, the material used also plays an important role in how the picture should later appear on the viewer. You can't just use a brush to draw, ink, marker, graphite, charcoal, acrylic and pastel are also conceivable.
The generic term "art"
Art has changed over time. In its origins one spoke only of paintings. In the meantime, art is also understood to mean sculpture, architecture and building forms, various handicrafts, theater, dance and film. Music and poetry are also among the different types of art.
When one speaks of "art" in school, it is mainly painting that is meant. However, even nowadays you get more and more areas taught in art class. Above all, the architecture from the Renaissance and Baroque periods plays an important role. Earlier constructions that simply leave you amazed are sometimes analyzed in more detail here.
A distinction is made here between four types:
- Visual arts: Painting, sculpture, architecture
- Music: Composition, as well as vocal and instrumental music
- Literature: Poetry, drama, epic
- Performing Arts: Theater, dance, film
Back to painting
Other important points in art lessons are form theory and color theory. Some schools even deal with typography, i.e. the design of text and fonts.
Of course, school lessons are not just theory. The practice is used here much more often and one or the other talent has often been discovered in one.
- Are calves killed for milk production
- What is SAP Hybris
- How do Chinese people manage their money?
- Is the squatting of internet domains legal
- How can a working parent do homeschool
- Is China a good place to live?
- What was your biggest investment mistake?
- Can you take pictures of atoms
- Where can I buy crystals from wholesalers
- Can ghosts see other ghosts
- Which symbol best represents curiosity
- What ails Indian Muslims
- What do mixers do in music production
- What are healthy foods
- What are some celebrity conspiracy theories
- What is an above average salary
- What is ADP in biology
- Why is food so important
- Are retired nuclear submarine reactors dangerous?
- Are the Turkish races racist
- What are short shorts for men
- How can vegetarians be fat
- How safe is Bogota Colombia
- Exists eternity before eternity