What are the problems with data normalization
Less redundancy thanks to database normalization
In the database of the online shop, the invoice data are assigned to the attributes Invoice number (R.-Nr.), date, customer, Customer number (K.No.), address, Invoice item number (P. no.), items, Item number (Item no.), Number (no.) and price assigned. Each line of the table stands for one data record. Such a record is called a Tuple designated.
The database section shown above acts as a Example of abad database design. It is noticeable at first glance that the table has numerous redundancies. In addition, the value ranges in the columns customer and address contain multi-valued data. One speaks of a non-normalized database.
The main disadvantage of non-normalized databases is the increased memory requirement due to redundant values. In addition, attributes that contain multi-valued data are difficult to read out and relate to one another.
Example: Both customers in the database section listed above are based in Musterhausen. But since this information was not collected separately, the database cannot easily be filtered for customers from the same location.
In order to avoid duplicate and multi-valued value ranges, there are three consecutive ones within the framework of relational database models Normal forms has been developed.
A normal form is a defined target state. For each normal form, special requirements have been defined that must be met if this target state is to occur. A database corresponds to the 1st, 2nd or 3rd normal form if all the requirements for the respective normal form are met.
- Angry people think they are angry
- Why is educational psychology important
- What can computers not
- Can parasites from raw fish kill you
- Can I post a blog on Twitter
- What will happen to Trump's impeachment
- Is WordPress good enough for e-commerce
- How can I work by procrastination?
- Has Montreal slums
- The smell travels through the vacuum why
- Helps Ampiclox flush out semen
- Second home purchases can save taxes
- What is finance and types of finance
- Who is the subject of psycholinguistics
- Are rooms safe in Singapore's Airbnb safe
- Is masturbation good or bad 5
- Listen to the online radio
- How much do people make selling timeshare
- How can I make myself happy
- The thought of eternity scares you
- What is the main problem with getting information
- A million dollars in sales is good
- Ruined Hallmark Christmas
- How can we apply to train drivers