Is the CAA (Citizenship Amendment Act) really discriminatory
ASIA / INDIA - “Citizenship Amendment Act” discriminates against Muslims: Christians demand extension of the law
New Delhi (Agenzia Fides) - The controversial Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA), which was passed in India in December, discriminates against and is not inclusive of Muslims. Therefore, 15 Catholic priests and Protestant pastors are calling for an extension of the law in an appeal to the ruling Hindu Bharatiya Janata (BJP). The Christian religious representatives also represented their demand at a meeting with the party chairman J.P. Nadda and his deputies Dushyant Gautam and Tom Vadakkan.
Religious officials took this opportunity to express their disappointment with the new law passed last month that guarantees citizenship to Buddhist, Hindu, Jain, Parish refugees and those of the Sikh faith, but not to Muslims fleeing persecution and in particular come from three countries with a Muslim majority: Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan. The passage of the law sparked protests across the country.
The delegation pointed out to Nadda that the law was passed without discussion in parliament and without broad consensus, while "Discrimination against Muslims is unacceptable in a secular India: no law should discriminate". The religious leaders also complained that Muslims are also being persecuted in neighboring countries, including Ahmadiy and Rohingya there.
"We have expressed our concern about the law," said Jesuit Father Denzil Fernandez, "We emphasized the selective nature of the law and emphasized that every law should be neutral towards religion. A law must not be selective. Every law with religious The background is highly problematic. This law should become a must. ”Of the approximately 1.3 billion inhabitants of India, 200 million are Muslims.
(SD) (Fides 8/1/2020)
- Can a revolver get wet?
- How much do cinemas pay for films
- What do Indonesians think of President Jokowi
- SSD vs HDD which one is better
- What are unique characteristics of Singaporean investors
- What do you want from a relationship
- Does exposure to smartphones cause cancer or tumors
- Are fruits and vegetables arable crops
- Why does nationalism cause wars
- Can dark matter help space clouds merge?
- How hereditary is IQ
- What should I know about affiliate marketing
- Can I drink tap water in Paris?
- Birthday paradox and collision resistance
- Who is Kim Taehyung's crush
- What are the basics of project management
- Throw dogs into tantrums
- Will beat WeGame Steam in China
- Who are the liberal radicals and conservatives
- Is it healthy to avoid sugar completely?
- What is the best selling website online
- What is "operation" in supply chain management
- What are some interesting time travel paradoxes
- What is real money demand
- What are DU college timings
- How can I repair my PC?
- What is the future of the theological seminaries
- Is DNA evidence more convincing than fingerprints?
- How can I make sex feel better?
- Why is extracellular DNA contained in biofilms?
- Coding data scientist
- Why is HTML validation important
- What were your impressions of a visit to Uruguay
- Are solar panels worn out