What is the difference between a barrel and a metric barrel
The term ton (from LatinTunna, the barrel) denotes some units of measurement, mainly for different masses, for a spatial measure as well as for amounts of energy related to the energy content of a certain mass of the explosive TNT.
The most common is the (metric) barrel with the unit symbol, which defines a unit of measurement for mass. In countries where the metric system is set up as a standard, “ton” is commonly spoken. In all other countries, especially in the Anglo-Saxon-speaking area, one speaks of the “metric ton” to distinguish it from the British and American bins.
In the international system of units, one ton corresponds to 1,000 kilograms (or one million grams, i.e. one megagram). The international prefixes for units of measurement are used for decimal multiples of the ton.
The quintal unit (unit symbol: ztr; corresponds to 50 kg) and the resulting quintals (unit symbol: dz; corresponds to 100 kg) in Germany is due to the - although rarely used - legal unit “decitonne” (unit symbol : dt) has been replaced. It also corresponds to 100 kilograms. Thus the old unit dz has the same weight as the new unit dt (1 dz = 1 dt = 100 kg).
See also:Order of magnitude (mass)
The step from the term “bin” to the term “megagram” is increasingly being made in scientific books and magazines. This avoids confusion caused by confusing the metric bin (1,000 kg) with the American bin (907.17 kg), especially at the international level.
For example, agricultural yields in German books are often given in “decitons per hectare” (dt / ha), but internationally they are given in the ten times larger unit “tons per hectare” (t / ha); this in turn is increasingly being replaced by the term “megagrams per hectare” (Mg / ha) in the most recent literature.
The following applies:
In mining, the Dry Metric Ton Unit (DMTU) / dry metric ton unit is used. 1 DMTU corresponds to one metric ton of ore without water content with a metal content of 1%. This then corresponds to a metal weight of 10 kg. Is z. For example, if the price of 48% manganese ore is quoted at 2.30 USD / DMTU, the ore is traded at 48 x 2.30 USD / ton.
When specifying production capacities for bulk goods such as B. Steel or chemicals, the spelling “Jato” (“annual tons”) is often used instead of “1 tonne per year”; In Germany, however, the year is not a legal unit in metrology. In English, the abbreviation tpa (ton per annum) is common.
Amount of energy
The unit of measurement ton is also used to indicate the amount of energy in explosive processes (see TNT equivalent). To differentiate, the unit symbol is capitalized here, for example "KT" for "kiloton" and "MT" for "megaton", and the abbreviation "TNT" is also specified here (eg "1 kiloton TNT") to divide from the unit of mass to distinguish.
Furthermore, the bin is occasionally used together with the so-called hard coal unit (SKE).
- Why are Nomos watches expensive
- What makes children bad at school
- What are the good startup ideas
- How does Microsoft Teams work
- Can an employer force you to resign?
- What incident do you regret in life
- Which book is better for gre
- What is the formula for transparent aluminum
- What is Greta Thunberg so angry about
- Why do rules and regulations stifle creativity
- Really promote Facebook sales
- Respond instantly to text messages
- Why do people like to boulder
- Is cold calling alive
- What motivates people to learn Biblical Greek?
- What is a random walk in statistics
- Which is more worth time or money
- Why does dark matter have to exist
- What everyday things do you find fascinating
- How to make homemade waffles
- How do I get well without a diet
- Smart people are less afraid of rejection
- Get faster by driving short distances
- What do you mean by love?
- What are the top 10 cryptocurrencies
- What is the best affiliate tool
- When should I hire my first employee?
- What is RPG in gaming
- How much money have you made as a freelancer
- There is a carnival in Ipoh Malaysia
- What are the functions of the heart
- Why don't some people like to read?
- Does ego death feel like death?
- How is it that the Japanese are so polite