Is WordPress good for serious ecommerce businesses
7 best WooCommerce alternatives
Ecommerce software like WooCommerce makes it easy to start an online shop. Don't get me wrong, WooCommerce is a great choice because it's free, open source, and highly extensible, but there are excellent ones WooCommerce alternatives ⇣ out there you should be using it instead.
Since Amazon started selling more than just books, the world of e-commerce has exploded - and most of the world's buying and selling is through online platforms and e-commerce software. like WooCommerce.
- All in all: Shopify ⇣ is the best web-based all-in-one e-commerce platform with all the important features you need to start a successful online shop.
- Second, best overall: Bigcommerce ⇣ is hosted ecommerce software like Shopify. What I love about Bigcommerce is the WordPress integration where you can have WordPress the front end and Bigcommerce the back end.
- Best free alternative to WooCommerce: Ecwid ⇣ is an e-commerce shopping cart that integrates with WordPress. The Forever Plan is ideal for merchants who sell a limited number of products.
Anyone can open a business and start selling with ecommerce software: Thousands of companies started this way, and many successful and established brands have increased their success rate by running ecommerce alongside (or even in place of) brick and mortar stores have introduced companies.
WooCommerce is used by hundreds of thousands of sellers every day. It is currently the most popular e-commerce software platform. According to Builtwith.com, WooCommerce powers a whopping 26% of all online stores across the internet.
However, the truth about WooCommerce is that many users continue to use it, however, many users find that its features are missing - and that WooCommerce costs too much money for what they offer.
If you've been using WooCommerce for a few weeks or months (or you've just signed up), you may have already found that most of the above drawbacks apply.
The good news is that there are plenty of alternatives and WooCommerce competitors out there.
Shopify is one of the best alternatives to WooCommerce that you can find. It's both easier and cheaper to use than a lot of other ecommerce software (including WooCommerce itself).
Other alternatives are Wix, Bigcommerce, and Ecwid.
Best WooCommerce Alternatives in 2021
What is Shopify?
Shopify was launched in 2004. It's currently one of the leading ecommerce platforms and one of the first viable alternatives users are considering when making the switch from WooCommerce. If you want ease of use for both you and your customers, Shopify is a great choice.
Did you know that over 1 million companies in 175 countries have generated more than $ 155 billion in revenue from Shopify?
Shopify allows you to build an ecommerce website without writing a single line of code. They help you manage everything for you, including payment processing, invoicing, managing your catalog, and everything else you need to run a successful online store
- 70 payment gateways accepted, including credit cards and PayPal.
- A professional point of sale system that works entirely online.
- Automatic fraud analysis.
- Read my Shopify review for more features.
- Shopify is one of the easiest ways to build an online store for your business.
- Shopify takes care of the backend technical maintenance to run a business for you.
- Automatic fraud analysis for transactions that are flagged.
- Over 100 professional topics (free and paid).
- The ability to list an unlimited number of products and an unlimited bandwidth.
- The plans aren't free, but are worth paying for.
- In Shopify Lite (for cell phones) features may be missing in contrast to the full version.
Why use Shopify instead of WooCommerce?
Shopify is simply cheaper than WooCommerce in the long run - but that shouldn't be the only reason to switch platforms. Shopify is also easier to use, and has better customer care available when needed - and offers more payment solutions than its ecommerce competitors to make it easier to sell online.
What is wix?
Just like WordPress, Wix is a platform best known for helping people set up free websites and blogs for their brands and businesses. Not only will it help you create websites but it will also help you create an ecommerce website.
Thousands of people are choosing Wix and it has become one of the most powerful alternatives alongside WooCommerce and Shopify, currently running millions of websites across the internet.
- Wix has a free plan and paid alternatives for people looking to set up an ecommerce website.
- The Wix Website Builder is easy to use, but it can be limiting for larger websites or more advanced users.
- Wix allows you to create websites from templates. This is ideal for users who are still familiar with building a website.
- Wix is very easy to use if you've never created a website or an ecommerce store.
- Hundreds of templates and drag and drop website builders for beginners. Wix websites are easy to put together, but they lack coding capabilities for advanced users who already know what to build.
- Buying and selling on the Wix e-commerce platform is easy.
- One of the first downsides to the Wix platform is the fact that all websites based on the free plan are obviously a "Wix site" with the Wix domain - unless they are paid for.
- Paying for Wix is cheap for the first few months but is likely to get expensive in the long run.
- Wix was not primarily designed for e-commerce, but is somewhat limited in this area.
Why use Wix instead of WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is the ecommerce partner for WordPress: if your website was built using WordPress, then you might want to be on the side of WooCommerce - but if you have a Wix site you might want to choose Wix for your ecommerce instead Website.
What is Bigcommerce?
BigCommerce is an e-commerce solution that many users may not have heard of, but that is neither lacking in features nor functionality. Bigcommerce stands on its own and is every bit as powerful as equivalents like Shopify - and Bigcommerce is great for ecommerce businesses that don't want their sales platform to be fussed.
- Bigcommerce integrates with WordPress, leaving the front end of WordPress and the back end of Bigcommerce.
- The option to integrate your ecommerce sales platform with various website options, whether your main website is based in WordPress, Wix, or any of the other options out there.
- Ecommerce software that is scalable and suitable for both large and small businesses.
- Bigcommerce happens to support multiple payment options, with some ecommerce options limited (especially for international customers or customers).
- Bigcommerce offers a training program for anyone new to e-commerce and sales.
- The Bigcommerce platform allows you to market your products directly from the platform instead of needing other add-ons.
- The store's setup and layout is fairly easy, even for a beginner.
- Expensive, especially for larger stores and long-term users.
- It has been criticized for being difficult to use when it comes to certain features like inventory management.
- Bigcommerce prefers exclusivity: Either use it or switch completely!
Why use Bigcommerce instead of WooCommerce?
If you're currently using WooCommerce, you'll likely want to switch to Bigcommerce just because it's easier: while Bigcommerce has been criticized for being difficult to navigate, so is WooCommerce.
If you're looking for a user-friendly platform that isn't a nightmare to navigate, both of these may not be the best: choose Shopify!
What is Ecwid?
Ecwid is one of the darkest ecommerce options (and may not be as famous as Shopify or WooCommerce), but it has become an option that can hold its weight compared to the others.
- An automated sales process from start to finish where you only have to intervene beyond setting your specifications.
- Mobile friendliness that many e-commerce platforms cannot say for their sales platform.
- Easy inventory no matter how many items you sell.
- You can easily sync and sell through your website, social media. Marketplaces like Etsy and Amazon.
- Their "Free Forever" plan is useful for anyone looking to open an online store.
- Their sales tools are easy to use, but only when you get the hang of it.
- Inventory management is easier through Ecwid than it is through comparative ecommerce platforms like WooCommerce.
- While Ecwid is a strong competitor to WooCommerce for the popular selling options, it has still received a lot of criticism for being more difficult to use than platforms like Shopify.
- Ecwid has a "Free Forever" plan, but it is very limiting for advanced users who want to control every aspect of the sales process.
- Signing up with Ecwid is cheap, but once you want to get more out of it, you pay more too.
Why use Ecwid instead of WooCommerce?
If you're currently using WooCommerce, then even Ecwid's free plan is a better option than the paid options for WooCommerce. In terms of control and functionality, options like Ecwid and Shopify are worlds better than you're used to if you're a traditional WooCommerce user.
5. WP eCommerce
What is WP eCommerce?
WP Ecommerce is one of the best ecommerce options to sign up with if you're new to business (or want to switch your commerce option from the current option). It works for both advanced users and beginners, but it can get expensive if you want more functionality.
- WP eCommerce is easy to use when it comes to setting up and selling your platform.
- One of the additional features of WP eCommerce is the option to add coupon codes and other useful things for your users.
- Mobile users can find their way around the platform without affecting the number of features they have access to.
- One of the best things about WP eCommerce is the fact that it is easy to set up and use, whether you have a small business or a large business.
- Adding useful features like coupons for customers is what makes WP eCommerce great.
- The customer support that WP eCommerce provides is decent, but unfortunately, "decent" is all they can say.
- If you're looking to switch from WooCommerce, ecommerce is far too similar to be worthwhile.
- WP eCommerce is easy to use, but it gets harder to use the more you want to do with it: bigger stores mean more work.
- WP eCommerce is an option that gets expensive if you upgrade it beyond the free plan.
- The design feels pretty dated and doesn't seem to have been updated in a while.
Why use WP eCommerce instead of WooCommerce?
WP Ecommerce may offer an easier to navigate alternative to WooCommerce, but the reality is that it is still powered and owned by WooCommerce in WordPress. This is an unfortunate fact that means you have the same drawbacks that you hated as a WooCommerce user!
6. Square e-commerce
What is square
Square is best known for its POS terminal, but they also offer e-commerce software. Square Shape is a great ecommerce platform for anyone new to online sales. Their easy-to-navigate platform can be integrated with any main website in minutes - and it's easy to sell things through the main platform once you get started.
- Free plan with 500MB of storage and payments through Square only.
- Free or paid ecommerce deals suitable for large or small stores.
- Mobile-friendly sell and buy options make this worthwhile.
- Updated plans are available for users looking to expand their reach, network, and features available.
- Square is easy to use, comes with a free plan, and is great for low volume ecommerce stores.
- One of the main advantages of using Square is the fact that the platform takes you through the first few steps of setting up that many other commerce platforms will leave you in the dark.
- Customers can add a variety of useful features, including discounts, specials, and coupon codes, with just one click.
- Several payment options are supported through Square, including PayPal.
- Square just isn't the cheapest, and you're better off using alternatives like Shopify if you're on a budget.
- Sometimes it is difficult for newbies to navigate Square.
- Limited functions, customization and payment options.
- Tech support isn't always as useful as it should be.
Why use Square instead of WooCommerce?
If you're currently using WooCommerce, consider switching to Square: Compared to the free options, you may still prefer the functionality of WooCommerce just because you get more out of it - but once you start talking about paid options, Square gets for the money too a world that is better.
What is webflow?
Web Flow hasn't been around for a long time like other options like WooCommerce and Shopify, but it has already captured a pretty large chunk of the total market share. With Webflow E-Commerce you can create and design your online shop, customize every detail of your website, shopping cart and checkout process.
- Webflow's no coding visual builder allows you to customize every detail of your website, shopping cart, and checkout process.
- The option to list an unlimited number of items for sale through inventory.
- Coupon codes and special offers or discounts for customers that you can add with a few clicks.
- Free or paid plans, depending on what you're looking for.
- Webflow gives you complete freedom of design and is a fully customizable e-commerce platform.
- The sales platform for Webflow is easy to use.
- Integration is simple and seamless, whether you know HTML or not - and whether you are used to selling trading platforms or not.
- Webflow supports a few more payment options than other forms of sales platform.
- Webflow was mainly developed for web designers Ecommerce functionality was added later when launching websites.
- Better to find out the options for yourself rather than relying on customer support or Webflow's hotline to help you.
- Webflow has a serious lack of feature for the money you pay when you switch to the paid options.
- Currently, you can only use Stripe or PayPal as a payment provider, and there is no POS.
- The Webflow pricing structure is a bit confusing.
Why use Webflow instead of WooCommerce?
When comparing Webflow to WooCommerce, you are probably comparing both as a current WooCommerce user. A simple five minute trial of Webflow's ecommerce software. Testing should be enough to explain to you why Webflow is better and easier to use.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is the trading cousin of WordPress.
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin that easily integrates e-commerce functions into your existing WordPress website, it's free, open source and extensible.
It's been in business since 2011 and is offered as an easy-to-use website plugin that allows you to get a business up and running in minutes.For an idea of how popular WooCommerce is, internet stats from 2021 according to the statement, 26% of all ecommerce websites on the internet were powered by WooCommerce.
Advantages and disadvantages of WooCommerce
The advantages of WooCommerce are that it is easy to sign up, easy to use, and inexpensive to get started. However, if you've been using WooCommerce for a few weeks, you will likely be looking for alternatives to the WooCommerce Ecosystem.
WooCommerce pros include:
- WooCommerce itself is a free plugin (but you have to pay for a web hosting service, usually a premium theme and extensions too).
- It's open source, which means the customization options are limitless. No wonder WooCommerce calls itself "the most customizable e-commerce platform in the world".
- Thousands of great looking, ecommerce ready, and mobile responsive WordPress themes exist for WooCommerce.
- WooCommerce is a great option for tech-savvy store owners who want a hands-on approach.
The disadvantages of WooCommerce are:
- Lack of customer care for customers and customers who need immediate or urgent help.
- WooCommerce gets expensive with paid options, and free options have proven way too limiting for users.
- The WooCommerce system is easy to use and set up, but it becomes more difficult to navigate as your trading venture or business grows.
- Security concerns have pushed even more users to switch to other platforms.
- Is self hosted which means you have to take care of the "code" as opposed to Shopify which does the technical maintenance of a store for you.
- Shipping costs average between $ 0 and $ 108 per year. The cost of the payment gateway averages 2.9% + 0.30 cents per sale plus a monthly fee of $ 0 to $ 30 per month.
frequently asked Questions
What are the benefits of WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin that is free, open source, and extensible. WooCommerce is expandable and customizable, meaning code and content can be changed to fully customize, modify, and customize your ecommerce website.
What are the disadvantages of WooCommerce?
If you find WordPress WooCommerce isn't the best ecommerce platform for you. Because with WooCommerce you manage the backend and the code, i.e. you manage the web hosting, the WordPress theme and plugins.
What are the best WooCommerce alternatives?
The best alternatives to WooCommerce are Shopify and Bigcommerce. (Shopify is the best and easiest tool to use for building your online store. Bigcommerce is just under a second and integrates with WordPress.) The best free alternatives are Ecwid and Square.
Best WooCommerce Alternatives: Summary
WooCommerce is a fantastic ecommerce platform, it is the most popular ecommerce software out there WooCommerce makes up a whopping 26% of all online shops across the Internet.
But there are good alternatives to WooCommerce. The choice of WooCommerce versus any other ecommerce software really depends on two things. if you already have a website, or has not started yet, and continue How many products do you want to sell?.
- If you haven't started your online store yet, then Shopify is your absolute best option. Shopify is the leading web-based all-in-one e-commerce platform with all the important functions you need to start a successful online shop.
- If you don't have a website and only want to sell a few products online, Wix is the smartest option. Wix is an easy-to-use drag and drop website builder that has great ecommerce features too.
- If you already have a WordPress website and then want to start an online shop, BigCommerce is the best WooCommerce alternative as it is fully integrated with WordPress (i.e. you can use WordPress as the front end, as Bigcommerce as the back end).
- What keeps people homeless
- What is 1 1 1 1 61
- What is an aptitude test
- Priests make a lot of money
- Can one country adopt the currency of another country?
- How to say river in Mandarin
- Was there nonexistence before existence
- What is the story of cashmere
- What makes a good blog post
- Is the bookmark dead
- How can I realistically draw a city
- Why do we need dark matter
- What is the metric unit of distance
- What use is the paradox
- What age will I die?
- Do you make plans every day
- Which AR15 shoot 22 250
- Will a vegan kill a mosquito?
- Will Saudi Arabia go bankrupt?
- How do pirate sites make money
- How do penguins defend themselves from predators
- Medicines can damage your liver
- Space-time has gravity for itself
- What is the Greek symbol for death