Is diabetes transmissible
Type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus
Diabetes mellitus is an umbrella term for various metabolic disorders. What they all have in common is that they lead to increased blood sugar levels because the patients lack the hormone insulin and / or the effect of insulin is reduced. Medically, one differentiates between different forms of diabetes. The main forms are type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus. In Germany, around 7.2 percent of adults between the ages of 18 and 79 suffer from diabetes mellitus. About 90 to 95 percent of them have type 2 diabetes. Education and prevention are key to combating diabetes. Since 2016, the Federal Ministry of Health has provided budget funds of 3 million euros annually exclusively for diabetes projects.
Type 1 diabetes
is caused by an absolute deficiency of the hormone insulin, this type of diabetes is therefore also called insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus,
is caused by an absolute failure of the cells in the pancreas that produce the hormone insulin,
usually begins in childhood and adolescence,
is not curable so far, so that the patients have to inject insulin their entire life.
Type 2 diabetes
is caused on the one hand by a reduced sensitivity of the body cells to insulin (insulin resistance), on the other hand the overproduction of insulin for years leads to an "exhaustion" of the insulin-producing cells (the pancreas cannot supply enough insulin for the increased demand),
usually begins creeping,
was previously also known as "age diabetes", but in recent years it has also increasingly affected young adults, even adolescents.
In addition to a hereditary predisposition, obesity and lack of exercise are considered to be the main causes of type 2 diabetes.
Various therapy modules are available. First of all, regular exercise, an appropriate diet and a normal body weight are most important.
This improves the body's cells' sensitivity to insulin and can thus reduce the need for insulin. At the beginning of therapy, therefore, an attempt is always made to get along with general measures such as consistent lifestyle changes. If this is not successful, various medications are available that can be taken as tablets, for example. Type 2 diabetics only have to inject insulin when these drugs fail to get the disease under control.
- How do I better answer Quora
- What is the elevator paradox
- What is raw food
- What do people like in metal songs
- Is Ministry of Education falls under HRD Ministry
- How do I perform a function selection
- What do professional players need
- What does a Columbia admissions interview look like
- Which is better Taobao or Amazon
- Which makes me keep panting
- Which Dark Souls game is the most difficult
- Why do people play online games
- What's wrong with India 2
- GOOGLE knows every answer
- What are some examples of nationalism
- What is the best dessert from Malaysia
- How is TheRoot com not considered racist
- Why are you against Mars colonization
- Why are money and social status related
- Is life the same after high school?
- What affects the US economy
- Will Donald Trump be charged or not
- Why is a strawberry not a berry
- How common is cancer