What does merge mean in Quora
Quora: Hackers loot more than 100 million records
According to its own information, the Quora questioning portal recently discovered that unauthorized access to its own database had been gained and almost all of the content of the platforms, including user data, had been copied.
Hackers steal user data from Quora
The attackers succeeded in taking over and copying Quora's database. The information stolen also includes the account details of the users, including their name, email address, password in encrypted form and the imported data linked from other networks, if the user has approved this. In addition, other information such as question content and actions, answer questions, negative reviews and direct messages were stolen.
Only the anonymously written questions and answers are not affected by the hack, as the identity of the people who publish anonymous content is not stored in Quora at all.
Affected users will be notified by email
Every affected Quora user will be informed of the data theft via a separate email. Not all users are said to be affected by the hack, and precise details of how many data records are involved have not been given. In addition, the risk of identity theft due to the stolen data is said to be rather low, as Quora does not store any personal data such as credit card details or social security numbers.
The company claims to have learned of the problems for the first time on November 30, 2018 and initiated appropriate countermeasures and an investigation. Quora has notified law enforcement agencies and engaged its own digital forensics and security company to assist the company with the investigation. How the attackers got into the system is still completely unclear.
Change of password is recommended
Quora recommends that all users change the password they use. It is also suggested not to use the same password for other services. If the password has nevertheless been used for other services, these passwords should also be changed.
The passwords of the Quora users were hashed with Salt and saved on the servers, so there is no direct danger from fast password decryption.
- Can gravity be suppressed
- Requires wisdom intelligence or just experience
- Is Shopify profitable
- Running marathons is harmful to your health
- Who was the greatest military strategist in history?
- Solves a problem for every company
- What are the challenges for the colonization of Mars
- What is the healthiest authentic Italian dish
- What is Nitro Boosting Discord
- Where can I learn big data
- How do I make important decisions
- Why do government banks offer poor services
- What is the plural of octopus
- What is the educational qualification 1
- How did the Nazis treat the Polynesians
- Is Life Vantage Marketing a pyramid scheme
- How efficiently do you save water
- How do people clean up after anal
- What are signs that someone respects you?
- Is mindfulness that turns people into robots
- How is UCLA's Math Econ
- Uses McDonald's Starbucks coffee
- Who are Schneider Electric's competitors
- What if women had penises?
- Does Apple really value privacy?
- Why America Celebrates Christian Holidays
- Why do individuals give relationship advice
- What are jobs that every country needs
- What food can you bring to Australia
- Why do Vietnamese hate Chinese
- Is sex required in our life
- What are relationships based on