What kind of diets are not healthy
Health: Why Diets Just Don't Work
Who would expect their own car to use fuel that does not exactly meet the requirements for correct refueling? Advice to try it with inexpensive salad oil would not have any chance of being considered by the vast majority of vehicle owners. When it comes to your own body, however, the willingness to be misled by false promises is much greater.
At a time when one in three people is overweight and slender forms are forced to move on all sides, the dream of a healthy and fit body makes people prone to misleading messages.
Even more overweight: paradoxically, this is the name of the result that all too often results. For a long time, experts have been complaining about the increase in so-called lifestyle diseases, from diabetes to lipid metabolism disorders and dangerous vascular defects. If only the pounds would disappear again, that would bring the health back into balance. Everyone has learned this lesson by now. There is still a jungle of opinions and recommendations about how best to do this.
Promised quick success
Since time is seen as a scarce commodity for most and most needs in consumer society can be satisfied immediately, fast diets are tempting at every corner: Headlines again this year praise patent remedies such as "Lose five kilos in a week with pineapple" or Days to the dream figure ”.
Even if you should lose a few pounds straight away with such cures, nutritionists urgently advise against such lightning diets. Because in the long term they can often even make you thicker than before. After a short time, the organism switches on - from its point of view - meaningful stop mechanisms. They counteract the supposed famine. The organism quickly lowers its energy requirements and adapts it to the new nutritional situation. This leads to the situation that more and more people have to forego food in order to actually lose weight.
Since nobody wants to (and should) live permanently on pineapples, the much-cited yo-yo effect soon becomes noticeable. As soon as the diet is ended and normal food is again the order of the day, the weight skyrockets - and not infrequently far beyond the previous weight. "Failure is inevitable with such strict guidelines," says nutritionist Professor Michael Hamm from the Hamburg University of Applied Sciences.
Dietetics = "right lifestyle"
The author of the book draws attention to the original meaning of the word diet, which dates back to antiquity: "Dietetics was understood to mean the doctrine of a healthy and right lifestyle," says Hamm. Nowadays, the term for a fashion trend and greatly shortened is equated with calorie control, eating little or even starving for the purpose of weight loss.
Such an attitude cannot be crowned with success, serious nutrition experts have long agreed. Unilateral diets are rejected by them as ineffective and even dangerous. In the worst case, they could even develop into an eating disorder. The faster you lose weight, the higher the proportion of short-term water lost in weight loss, and the lower the fat loss. The only exception that justifies a short-term and blatant diet may be an upcoming operation. In such a case, the weight reduction will be discussed with the attending physician.
So-called fat burners, as they are also touted in many places for quick weight loss, must be viewed just as critically. The currently best-known agent is L-carnitine, a vitamin-like substance found in meat, especially in lamb (carnis, Latin meat). To a lesser extent, carnitine is also produced by the body from the amino acids methionine and lysine and iron.
- Why did Lord Krishna not marry Sri Radha?
- Why does Queen Elizabeth II not withdraw
- Is that an old French proverb
- Why are African countries underdeveloped
- What is the highest virtue
- What is the Avogadros Number in Chemistry
- How can we get money without knowing
- How do we publish our poems worldwide
- What are the best poems on statistics
- Why is HTML validation important
- What is the best numerology site
- Which country gives the citizens free money?
- What are the jobs of a janitor
- Taiwan is the largest province in China
- What is special about Nerf guns
- Smart makes you smarter
- Why do people romanticize anorexia nervosa
- What is your nationality 5
- What is finance and types of finance
- Is the sky blue or red
- What is the slogan for Samsung
- How clean is your country
- Which desktop is better Dell or HP
- What kind of diets are not healthy
- What are OECD countries
- Is it possible to completely forget someone?
- What are some cool FPGA project ideas
- How are church bells so loud
- What color is used for makeup
- Can control a casino slot machine
- Japan is more developed than the United States
- How to write a catchy slogan
- There is a carnival in Accra Ghana