How much is a cheerleader paid
Dream job cheerleader? | A myth dies
Cheerleading riot in the USA! The brilliant image of the dream job is crumbling - it's about lousy job rules, crazy expectations and also about pay that is anything but bearable.
The trigger for the new debate is the resignation of Bailey Davis (22) - she was a cheerleader for the New Orleans Saints, an American professional football team.
Until she posted this photo:
She heard from the HR department that she had a “dirty face” in the photo, wrote the 22-year-old in a guest post for the American “Cosmopolitan".The photo would violate the rules of the Saints team.
The team's manual states: "Naked, half-naked or underwear photos are strictly prohibited and are grounds for immediate termination."
Davis has filed a complaint against her dismissal.
As for the amount of bare skin - the lingerie photo is no different from the Saints uniform that Davis usually wears ...
Contact with players means the end of your career
The strict rules for photos are just one of many. The "New York Times" has seen the manual and has revealed it.
► No contact with players.
Neither in real life nor online. Two statements are allowed: "Hello" and "Good game". Incidentally, this only applies to cheerleaders. The players are allowed to contact the cheerleaders.
If a player follows a cheerleader on Instagram, she has to block him immediately.
► Photos in the Saints uniform are not allowed.
This means that the cheerleaders are not able to market their own. That doesn't apply to the players.
► No real names on Instagram and other social media.
The profile must also be private and not publicly viewable.
Players are "predators"
It is interesting to see how the strict rules are justified.
A Saints official is quoted as saying: "We have these rules to protect you from the 'predators'." With predators, the players are meant.
Davis also shared:
► Make-up and hairstyle must be approved by the team leader.
► Spray-tan (self-tanner) are just as mandatory as painted nails. The cheerleader has to pay the costs herself.
► The minimum wage is also not a requirement.
Shake test and shave rules
It can get worse.
To ensure that an applicant's body is good enough, the Buffallo Bills do the “jiggle test”.
When performing the jumping jack, check whether it is "wobbling" anywhere on the body.
The team has since been disbanded due to a lawsuit.
The "New York Times" was able to consult other manuals.
► Personal hygiene tips are sometimes part of the code of conduct. It is explained and prescribed how to shave - or how to use tampons.
► Jogging pants in public is a taboo.
Will cheerleading be the dream of many young girls for a long time?
But as crazy as these rules sound, they are commonplace in the United States
Renowned law professor Cynthia Estlund is an expert in labor law at the New York University of Law. She told BILD:
“American employers have a lot more leeway to dictate their private lives to their employees than German employers have. Constitutional privacy rights do not apply to private employment relationships. American lawmakers and courts have so far been very stingy when it comes to recognizing personal rights - more stingy than, for example, with rights against discrimination "
- Are there Indonesians who work at NASA
- How do I extract an AAR file
- Western women are losing their femininity
- What causes persistent muscle spasms
- Is drop shipping a successful business concept
- What is money 20
- What business can make millions a year
- Why do immigrants leave Canada
- Why is the US so conservative
- What is entropy and probability
- Who pays the international dropshipping price
- How did you overcome your past
- Life in Singapore suffocates creativity
- How to do purple paint
- What types of zoonoses do snakes have
- What is the cheapest caliber of ammunition
- Software for recording streaming conference webinars
- How lucrative is online marketing
- Where can I get costume jewelry
- How is happiness proportional to income
- Consciousness arises from the brain
- How do we solve the SPOJ problem
- How are S A S soldiers selected
- Should I buy an electric vehicle?
- People smoke in China grass
- Why is money important to you
- Which country has the most single women?
- What is the tallest mountain ever photographed
- How many monkeys are there in Florida
- What is pharmacovigilance
- Why were Cowboy's gun belts so loose
- How do email marketing services benefit
- How do you finally forgive yourself
- What does a triangle mean in Ouroboros