What are the Biggest Companies in Silicon Valley
Photo galleryThe 10 Largest Companies in the United States
The United States is considered the country of origin of large international corporations. Companies like Ford, which can look back on more than a century, have been supporting the US economy for decades, providing taxes, goods and well-paying jobs. The old industries still exist today, but the comparatively young Silicon Valley corporations have made the leap to the top to General Motors, Exxon and Co. and some of them even overtook them. Here are the top 10 US companies by revenue.
# 10 General Motors: Just ahead of Ford, the automotive company made it into the top 10. The Detroit-based company embodies the American automotive industry like no other with brands such as Chevrolet, Hummer and Cadillac. Sales are $ 157 billion. In the domestic market, the group has a market share of around 18 percent. The numbers in the ranking refer to the Forbes list of the largest American companies.
# 9 AT&T: The telecommunications company has sales of 160 billion US dollars. The formerly largest telephone company, which for many years operated and managed at will in the American market like a monopoly, is still one of the world's largest players in the telecommunications industry. The company abbreviation stands for "American Telephone and Telegraph Company". The corporate headquarters are in Dallas, Texas.
# 8 Amazon: Compared to the previous year, Amazon was able to increase its sales by 30 percent. No other company has such high growth rates. The Seattle-based company generated sales of around 178 billion US dollars in 2017. However, the $ 3 billion profit has room for improvement in terms of sales. The profit rate is just 1.7 percent.
# 7 CVS Health: The pharmaceutical distributor celebrates its 55th anniversary this year. By the end of 2014, cigarettes were even sold in the almost 8,000 branches. That would not be compatible with the principles of CVS, so the CEO Larry Merlo. Despite the resulting drop in sales, CVS is one of the largest companies in the United States. Last year sales were $ 185 billion.
# 6 McKesson: McKesson, headquartered in San Francisco, is the largest healthcare company in terms of sales. The group had sales of around 199 billion dollars in 2017. The market value is the lowest in the ranking at $ 29 billion. For comparison: Amazon is on the stock exchange with $ 700 billion.
- Which muscles do you train when swimming?
- GameStop fails
- What is principal component analysis
- Which minimum wage industry is the best
- Is Redbubble or Society6 better for selling
- Starving reduces the fat
- Is corporal punishment good for a student
- Are equivalent medicinal products identical to the originals
- Should I visit Singapore or Japan
- How was China before the Opium War
- What is the dimension of G.
- What does a vegan diet consist of
- Which disease causes more deaths in India
- Is DNA evidence more convincing than fingerprints?
- How helpful is digital marketing
- All PCs are considered a master race
- Why do people go to Maui
- All starfish are poisonous
- Elon Musk was bald
- What do Japanese children like to eat?
- Why should I clean my room
- What are the posts in the MPPSC
- Why does milk curdle
- Is BTS popular today? If so, why