What is British slang for
Column - children's stuff: «Schöa», «schüü» or «schöö»: The thing with slang
Children's stuff: "Schöa", "schüü" or "schöö": The thing with slang
American parents apparently don't want their children to use British phrases from the Peppa Pig series. I cannot help but understand this.
I recently read an article about Peppa Pig on a trash news website. The series is called Peppa Pig in the British original and has apparently also found its way into children's rooms in the USA. For once, American parents are now confronted with the fact that their children use the British expressions of certain terms and not the other way around, the whole world uses American slang.
They are obviously upset about that.
Incomprehensible? Well, yes ... I am known to be from Toggenburg and although I never found our dialect to be particularly elegant, I am very attached to it. At the latest when I had to say the word "cheese" in dialect in front of the whole class in German class, because we are the only ones to pronounce the Ä in this word exactly. I was a little proud of that.
When I then moved to the Rhine Valley and also to a village with a very pronounced dialect, I didn't give a thought to my own children suddenly being able to speak as if they were from another continent. First of all, I tried to understand my loved one.
Well, in the meantime I've got used to the “Tipilzouer” dialect and can already find a little bit of home in the “Ääadli” or the “Hääss”. And if they don't say "Schmalz, Nidel" and "Gäbsä", then at least the girls speak like papa.
But then Sarah comes along and says neither «schöö» nor «schöa». She says:
It was "hot".
The grandmother and aunt both come from the Glarnerland and it can hardly be avoided (as a working mother) that my girls spend a lot of time with both of them. Obviously so much time that the younger one even adopts her dialect words. Suddenly I understand the American parents.
Maybe Sarah is just a linguist and the episode will be forgotten if she speaks six languages at some point.
Full-time mommy of Lilly (6)
and Sarah (5), part-time
Journalist, farmer and
- Can you make me sad
- Can I watch Netflix in Saudi Arabia
- Is there a metal that is heavier than lead
- How to visit the Philippines
- What screams i'm an INTP
- How do I become a dairy farmer
- A keto diet can cause stomach pain
- Is Billie Eilish overrated
- How long did the Roman republic last?
- Why do we build taller skyscrapers
- What are some famous murders
- Why is Discord down today
- What factors make a disease vaccine preventable?
- What is the strangest food in singapore
- What is a sales strategy
- What is Donald Trump's Credit Score
- What are the mysterious things on earth
- Why does Iron Maiden sound so distinctive
- Requires wisdom intelligence or just experience
- Is paleo healthy or unhealthy
- What happens if a yacht runs aground
- Why is Bluehost better than GoDaddy
- How can I forward text messages
- Denying some Muslims creates terror
- Will burst the data science bubble
- Why is there PVP PVE and RP
- What are the secondary causes of high blood pressure
- How can I rate my products
- Will a tourist experience racism in Turkey?
- Can dogs smell death?
- Can cause candida cancer
- Who are some famous people from Denmark
- What is a gusset wall
- How did you know your parents' name