How is life in Tromso
Life in Midt-Troms
Man can theoretically living in Midt-Troms without a driver's license or a car, but it is not recommended. On the one hand, the distances are long (which does not necessarily mean longer commuting to work in terms of time), on the other hand, public transport is available, but the buses / boats don't really run very often. A driver's license is also often important in working life, and in some cases it is required. A car cannot be taken along for free as removal goods - import duties must be paid. This can be very expensive for newer cars - find out more before moving to Norway!
Cars have to go through a "TÜV" inspection every 2 years. This can be done at a brand workshop, at the NAF (Norwegian Automobile Club) or at the Roads Office. Car owners must register their vehicle for inspection themselves. Cars that were registered for the first time in an odd year must pass the inspection in every "odd" year, at the latest in the month that the last digit of the license plate indicates. So 1 = January, 2 = February etc. There are no controls in July / December, the last digit 7 means controls in November, while 0 = October.
The road tax is paid once a year and is currently just under 3000 crowns. This is checked by scanning the license plate. The "Statens Veivesen" www.vegvesen.no is responsible.
Normally a car has to be re-registered within 14 days, i.e. the import duty is due immediately. In exceptional cases, e.g. if you are staying in Norway for a limited period of time, you can continue to drive with German / foreign license plates upon request.
Motorcycles and other motor vehicles are subject to the same rules, while trailers and caravans can be imported without import duty as long as they are considered removal goods. If they are more than a year old, VAT must be paid for them in Norway.
Info on www.toll.no (Norwegian Customs Office):
Application for temporary permission to drive a car with foreign registration in Norway
The approximate amount of the import duty can be calculated here
Information from the German embassy
- What does Doernbecher mean in Nike shoes
- In 1609 he sailed the Hudson River
- What makes Dyson Bladeless fans so special
- Can we know what we don't know
- What is meant by update and upgrade
- What is the poorest country in Great Britain
- What are dominant traits for a person?
- Why do living cells switch to DNA
- What is gallbladder removal
- Why did Hitler adopt the swastika?
- How expensive were slaves in ancient Rome
- What's your opinion on incel
- What is a talent manager
- Why should you study building materials
- Which country has the most beautiful women
- What is the honeymoon destination you propose
- What is Matt Damon's best film role
- How is HIM Gandhinagar 1
- Backgammon requires 2 players
- What has Singapore contributed to the world
- What are the main activities of Tesco PLCs
- How is love analyzed psychologically
- What number has 8 factors
- Contains coffee nickel
- How does the second dimension exist?
- How much is the national income
- How do I find a mobile location
- How can I electroplate nickel on aluminum
- Is it BNBR to criticize Quora
- When is doubt useful?
- Which house at Hogwarts values brotherhood the most?
- Why is Herbalife not sold in stores
- Build deadlift muscles