Why is it called a diatonic scale
The accordion is a chromatic hand-drawn instrument, built according to the chromatic scale with semitones. [Mittelbayerische, 21.10.2017]
For the middle part of the work, however, it [the note G] undergoes an alteration, a chromatic change to G sharp, which opens up completely new possibilities in terms of key, especially in the reinterpretation as A flat, from which it again […] for the final part G returns. [Neue Zürcher Zeitung, October 22, 2011]
Because even in the [Wagner] overture to “Faust”, a chromatic motif, descending in semitones, creeps into a light-hearted, cheerful music that points to the underworld of Mephistus [...]. [Rhein-Zeitung, January 17, 2019]
[The opera] "Moses und Aron" is based on a series established by Schönberg from the twelve chromatic semitones of a scale. In doing so, the composer created completely new worlds of sound and often increased the musical expression to a monumental level […]. [Berliner Zeitung, 26.03.2004]
The largo with dark pedal steps and a mysterious minor melody in the upper part often modulates through short chromatic series between the tones. [Saarbrücker Zeitung, 18.06.2001]
It may be a question of the kind that children ask, but why did no Baroque composer compose twelve tones? When everything was at hand: instruments that could be played chromatically, notation with all the necessary accidentals […]. [Die Zeit, 04/15/1999]
Depending on the number of strings, the tuning of the resonance and accompanying strings results in a diatonic to completely chromatic scale [Brockhaus-Riemann-Musiklexikon, Berlin: Directmedia Publ. 2000 , p. 855], depending on the number of strings.
The tr. (= Tritone) is included in the diatonic scale (e.g. f – h in C major), but is interpreted as the chromatic alteration of an interval that is one semitone larger or smaller, i.e. H. as an excessive fourth or diminished fifth; in the narrower sense only means the excessive fourth tr. (= tritone) [.] [Brockhaus-Riemann-Musiklexikon, Berlin: Directmedia Publ. 2000 , p. 10639]
- Is the sentence incorrect?
- Fast food has become less popular
- When will the gun control supporters be satisfied?
- Is it worth it to be an EMT
- Is the probability a measure
- Why are there schools
- What does an excellent education mean
- What is the importance of quantum mechanics
- Hindus are wealthy in Bangladesh
- Is BBQ food really unhealthy?
- Why do babies suckle their fingers
- How many oceans are there in our country?
- Why can't women beat men in chess?
- A laptop is viewed as a PC
- What's the best part about being Australian
- How many people speak Mandarin
- What are the treatments for pancreatic cancer
- What is the use of literature
- Why is Chinese cuisine so famous
- Protein powder makes you fat
- What is the rent in California
- What are algorithms 1
- Why should I visit the Philippines
- Which planets apart from Saturn have rings?