How can I use PayPal in Myanmar

Do you have any further questions?

If your question is not answered here, please contact us. We're here to help!

Questions about the application form

How long does my passport have to be valid if I want to travel to Myanmar?
On arrival in Myanmar, your passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the planned departure date.
Can I leave Myanmar at an airport / border crossing other than the one listed on your website?
No, if you make use of an e-visa, you have to leave the country via the airports and border crossings that are approved for entry and exit with an e-visa. Please read the information on our website.
Can I enter Myanmar through a different airport / border crossing than the one stated on your website?
No, if you would like to use the e-Visa, please only enter via the airports and border crossings that we have compiled for you on the website.
Does my child need their own e-Visa for Myanmar?
Yes, minors and children need their own Myanmar e-Visa.
I cannot select the type of accommodation I want in the application?
If you want to use an e-Visa for Myanmar, you have to stay in the following accommodations: hotel, motel, inn, guest house, resort. If you live in another accommodation (e.g. a hostel), your visa application may be rejected.
Can I include a black and white passport photo in the application?
No, you have to include a color scan of a current, official passport photo in the application.
Do I give my maiden name or married name in the application?
Enter your last name as it is in your passport. If you have adopted the family name of your partner after the marriage and this is in your passport, then use this last name for the application.
I have several first names, do I have to enter them all?
If your first names are all noted in the passport (see machine-readable zone on the relevant passport page), then you must also state these in the application.
What do I enter under “Job title”?
Here you enter in English what kind of work you are currently doing. If you do not have a job, enter "unemployed". If you are a student, enter "Student".

General information

Can I get a Visa on Arrival upon arrival at the airport?
This is currently not possible. At the international airports in Myanmar one has the test phase for a "Visa on Arrival" for inter alia. Citizens from Germany and Switzerland suspended due to COVID-19. Please obtain an entry permit before entering the country.
How long is my e-Visa valid?
The tourist and business visa are valid for 90 days. Please note that the e-Visa is valid on the day it is issued. The e-Visa must be valid for the entire stay in Myanmar.
How long can I stay in Myanmar?
You can stay in Myanmar for a maximum of 28 days with the holiday visa within the validity period. With a business visa, you can stay in Myanmar for a maximum of 70 days within the validity period.
What types of travel can I use my Myanmar e-Visa for?
You can apply for an e-Visa for Myanmar for a vacation or for a business trip (meetings, visiting business partners).
Can I enter multiple times with an e-Visa within the validity period?
The Myanmar e-Visa is only valid for single entry.
What do I need to apply for a Myanmar e-Visa?
You need a passport that is valid for at least 6 months when you enter. You need a color scan of a recent passport photo. If you are applying for a business visa, you will need a letter of invitation from the company that invited you. The company must be registered with the Myanmar Chamber of Commerce (at least 6 months).
Can I extend my Myanmar e-Visa?
No, it is not possible to extend the Myanmar e-Visa.
When should I apply for my Myanmar e-Visa so I can get it on time?
The Myanmar government takes a maximum of 72 hours to process a visa application. We recommend that you apply for your e-Visa in good time. You can also apply for an e-visa from us well in advance, as we will save the application and process it so that the e-visa is valid when you need it.

Questions about payment

What is the cost of a Myanmar e-Visa?
A tourist visa for Myanmar costs € 69.95 per person. This is the total price, including consular costs, service costs and VAT. The price for a business visa is € 89.95 per person.
Can I get an invoice for my e-Visa / ESTA / ETA?
Yes, one day after receiving your electronic travel authorization, you can download an invoice through your application. Would you like a specific billing address because you need the invoice for your work? Then please contact us by email ([email protected]) and send us your order number and the desired invoice address. We will create an invoice for you and send it to you by email.
When do I have to pay for the e-Visa / ESTA / ETA?
After you have filled out the application and checked your details, complete the application with the payment. As soon as we have received the amount, we will start processing your request.
Are my personal details safe?
E-visums uses a secure internet connection (https). Your personal details are only required to make the request for the e-Visa. Your details will not be used in any way and will not be sold to third parties or used for advertising purposes. If you would like us to delete your information, then that is possible. To do this, send us an email. It is possible that the payment does not succeed or that the payment is canceled by you. If that is the case, we will keep your details for 48 hours. If your e-visa has been delivered, we will keep your details until the e-visa is valid. Special personal information will be deleted 72 hours after the e-Visa has been issued.
How can I pay for my e-Visa application?
You can pay conveniently and securely with SOFORT, credit card, PayPal or bank transfer.

Frequently asked questions

I have several passports, can I choose which passport I want to use?
Yes, you can decide which passport you want to use. For the validity of your e-Visa, it is important that the information matches the information on your passport. You must show the passport with which you applied for the visa upon entry. Please check in advance whether there are certain entry requirements for the country to which you would like to travel. Not every nationality is eligible for an e-Visa. In some countries there are certain entry restrictions in relation to travelers who have previously stayed in certain countries.
Can I apply for an e-Visa for someone else?
Yes, if you have the information you need, you can apply for an e-Visa for someone else.
Can I cancel my visa application?
You can cancel the application as long as it has not been sent to the government of the country concerned. Once the application has been submitted to the authorities, cancellation is no longer possible. We can only cancel your application if it is still open. When reimbursing the amount paid, we will deduct a processing fee of 4.95 euros if our employees have already worked on your application.
Can I change my details in the application?
If we have sent you an e-mail requesting a correction, you can adjust the data in your application. Once we have sent your application to the respective government, you cannot make any more changes. If you then notice an error with regard to your details, you will have to submit a new application for an e-Visa.
Does the e-Visa grant guaranteed access to the relevant country?
An e-Visa gives you permission to enter a country. However, the governments of the countries always reserve the right to refuse entry to the country despite the e-visa / visa and without giving reasons. In practice this rarely happens.
What documents do I need if I am traveling with a child?
If you travel abroad with minors, you must be able to present a power of attorney from your legal guardian and an informal declaration of consent if not all legal guardians are present on entry. You can find more information at
Can I extend my e-Visa?
No, you cannot renew an e-Visa through our service. In some countries it is possible to apply for an extension to the local authorities, but whether this is approved is entirely at the discretion of the competent authority in the country concerned.
My passport is about to expire and I will apply for a new one before I travel. Can I submit an e-Visa application in the meantime?
No, in the application you have to state the passport number that belongs to the passport with which you will enter the country, otherwise the e-Visa is not valid. After receiving the new passport, apply for an e-Visa.
I have a refugee passport or a temporary passport, can I apply for an e-Visa?
No, if you have a refugee passport or a temporary passport, unfortunately we cannot apply for an e-visa for you. We recommend that you contact the embassy. There you can find out which documents you need to apply for a visa.
How do I get my e-Visa?
You will receive your e-Visa as a PDF file. As soon as the government of the respective country has issued the e-visa, you will receive a link from us by e-mail that will take you to your application and the e-visa. If you have applied for a visa for Cuba, you will receive the visa in the mail. For China, you will receive a copy of the visa in advance by email and the official document will be sent to you by courier.
My visa application was rejected. Do I get my money back?
No, unfortunately it is not possible to reimburse the amount paid for a rejected entry permit. If your visa application has been rejected by the government of the respective country, then we have processed your application beforehand and paid the consular costs to the respective government, which we do not get back. A refund is therefore not possible.
Can I print out my e-Visa in black and white?
Yes, you don't necessarily have to print out your e-Visa in color.
An e-Visa is an official document issued by the government of the country you plan to visit. With this document you have permission to enter and tour the country you want. The e-visa offers an electronic alternative to the regular visa. You can also request an e-visa digitally, which means that you no longer have to go to the embassy. After review and approval by the respective government, you will receive your e-Visa from us by email. For Cuba you will receive your visa (card) by post and for China by courier (and in advance by email).
Do I have to print out my e-Visa?
We always recommend printing out the e-Visa and keeping it in hand luggage together with your passport. You can also save it on your smartphone, tablet or laptop as proof and keep it ready during your trip.
Is there the number 0 or the letter O in my passport?
The passport numbers consist of letters and digits. To avoid confusion, the letter O does not appear in your passport or ID. So it always concerns the number “0”. The same applies to the German ID card.