The Ebola virus was made by humans
Through contact with animals
Bats (such as fruit bats and bats) and great apes from areas where Ebola virus is endemic to animals are the most likely sources of the pathogen. There is a risk of infection through direct contact with blood or other body fluids from infected living or dead wild animals. The virus can also be transmitted from animals to humans through the preparation and consumption of raw meat from wild animals called bush meat. Native wild animals in Germany do not carry any Ebola viruses.
From human to human
In an outbreak, the infection is passed almost exclusively from person to person. The pathogen can be transmitted through direct contact with blood and other body fluids such as sweat, saliva, stool, urine or vomit from sick people or the deceased. There is only a risk of infection from people who also show signs of illness. In the case of unprotected sexual intercourse, infection through the seminal fluid of recovered men cannot be ruled out for several months after the onset of the symptoms. A transmission via the breath could not be determined so far. In the event of vomiting or severe diarrhea, however, there is a risk of the release of droplets containing the pathogen.
Ebola viruses can remain infectious outside the body for a few days. Infection through objects such as syringes, clothing or bed linen that are contaminated with body fluids is therefore possible. The virus is only infectious for a short time on dry surfaces or those exposed to sunlight.
- How do I become a dairy farmer
- After all, what happens to aging narcissists
- What are reasonable gun laws
- Why do people modify their cars
- What are sources for an expanded Bible
- Money is not important to happiness
- What kinds of people make you happy
- Can I create software with Python?
- What are the symptoms of high diabetes
- What are some good writers to read
- Is the cloud better than the dedicated server
- What is John Wick's past
- What does matter do to space?
- Why is Australia famous
- What is the strangest food in singapore
- How can social media improve business presence
- Which Harvard houses are the most overrated?
- SpaceX is bigger than NASA
- How do I contact the Quora Helpdesk
- Which countries have completely banned weapons?
- Why does Reddit hate Instagram
- You should clean the air ducts at home
- Where did you eat the best crab
- How should companies use Snapchat