What are different types of perceptions
Everything about perception
The area of "perception" is a large and important area in education.
A person's perception is a prerequisite for emotional and social development. This happens via the sensory organs, which record the environmental stimuli.
This means that the impressions and stimuli of the environment are absorbed and passed through the nerves into the brain. And this is what toddlers do every day in their perceptual processes.
Sensory perception has seven areas of perception:
1. tactile perception (the sense of touch)
2. visual perception (the sense of sight)
3. acoustic perception (the sense of hearing)
4. vestibular perception (the sense of balance)
5. olfactory perception (the sense of smell)
6. the gustatory perception (the sense of taste)
7. Kinaesthetic perception (the sense of movement)
Every healthy person is endowed with all sensory perceptions from birth.
Before toddlers start to speak the first words, they explore their environment with the sense of touch. Babies and toddlers get their first experience of this by first putting objects in their mouths and exploring them orally.
In the same way, toddlers take a lot in their hands and can, for example, feel for size, shape, weight and texture such as smooth, rough, soft. It is also very important in the social context to gain experience through the sense of touch. So you can bring the feeling of security, warmth and protection through a respectful and mindful skin contact. The loving and mindful physical contact between mother and child, e.g. by hugging and caressing, is part of the child's development and well-being, as long as the child allows it.
In the course of the first years of life, the children's sense of sight develops as they can perceive things in the environment in a more differentiated manner. The children can recognize certain details, similarities and differences in objects, for example. You can see and distinguish the color, shape, size and movement.
The visual perception is important for school success, as it is a prerequisite for learning to read, write and do arithmetic. This can be promoted in a variety of ways, for example by offering games such as memory, puzzles, pictures to color in, recognizing shapes and colors and threading pearls.
Another area of perception is that auditory perception. This enables us to cope with our daily tasks quickly. Hearing, like seeing, is also an important area for understanding and interpreting people and the processes in their surroundings.
The vestibular perception is responsible for a good sense of balance. It is also used to orientate oneself in a room and to know where up, down, next to and behind is. The children love to move and test their motor skills and this leads to a development of balance. In order to have a good sense of balance, it is important to gain experience in this area. This can be promoted by e.g. swinging, jumping, standing on one leg and offering all kinds of movement processes.
It is important to take the children's fears seriously and to deal with them carefully.
The olfactory and gustatory perception are very closely related. Because these serve to perceive smells and tastes. The two senses are present in every healthy person and can be associated, for example, through eating and thus "taste and smell". The children can also gain experience in these two areas. For example, the children can taste tastes such as sour, sweet or salty and also describe smells with the help of food.
The kinesthetic perception is the perception of movement. Here the stimuli of one's own movement are perceived, such as force, time, tension and space relationships. In order for children to be able to run, crawl and move, they have to be able to assess and measure their own strength well. And it is possible to feel the position of the joints without having to keep your eyes open. The tension in the muscles is under our control so that we can tense or relax precisely and consciously.
- Why does affection make me so uncomfortable
- What are private forums used for?
- What bad advice did you take
- Which is the best sequel to Bollywood film
- What does 0 7 standard deviation mean
- Why does MBB not use Deloitte consultants
- What is exponential growth rate
- What is the nutritional value of Cerelac
- What will come after money
- Are foreigners so crazy about learning Chinese?
- Is there still a $ 1,000 bill?
- What does garing mean in Bahasa Indonesia
- Can I get 100 followers on Quora?
- What is special about Chinese men?
- Which Harvard houses are most underestimated?
- Are top writers paid by Quora
- Do men ever enjoy reading romance novels?
- Why is the ML programming language still useful
- Men see women attractive with freckles
- How much do you earn your partner
- How do I get a healthy body
- What is the billion coin TBC
- Does it snow in Africa
- What is the definition of historical importance
- What's the best part about being Australian
- What a good, easy to cook dish
- Is a physicist a mathematician
- How to connect to IRC chat
- How to make authentic Italian pizza
- How can you prevent gestational diabetes
- What does it mean for you to be healthy
- Is Medicare Welfare
- What are some examples of educational technologies
- Is it better to be vegan or vegetarian