Are cold showers healthy?
6 surprising reasons: THEREFORE you should take cold showers more often
Can Cold Showers Improve Health? We took a closer look at the benefits of cold shock and learned amazing things. Overcoming it seems to be really worth it!
1. Take a cold shower for shiny hair
Do you want shiny hair? After shampooing, rinse your hair with warm water, this is necessary for the shampoo and conditioner to wash out. Then, rinse your hair with cold water. The cold water closes the cuticle of your hair follicles, which makes for more shine.
2. Take a cold shower for beautiful skin
What applies to the hair also applies to the skin. By now it should be common knowledge that showering too hot is not good for your skin. Sensitive skin in particular shows this clearly through redness and itchy dry areas. If the cold shower is too fresh for you in the long run, you should get into the habit of showering only lukewarm and then taking a cool shower at the end. This closes the pores and also helps to retain moisture.
3. Taking a cold shower wakes you up
It is obvious: taking a cold shower, especially in the morning, wakes you up. The cold shower really gets things going, especially if you are grumpy in the morning. Similar to the tried and tested alternating shower, the cold temperatures bring our blood circulation up to speed, which should also be good for the connective tissue. The circulation gets a real boost, without any caffeine.
Be careful not to overdo it even when taking a cold shower. Temperature differences that are too extreme can clog the skin or the small vessels under the skin and cause them to burst. So with alternating showers, instead of scalding hot, only warm water and instead of ice cold only cold water.
Strengthening weak connective tissue: dents don't stand a chance!
4. Taking a cold shower helps you lose weight
Our body is made up of some part of fat. A distinction is made between two different types of fat in our body. Of white fat is spoken when referring to the unwanted fat that is deposited on the abdomen or hips.
With brown fat however, another variant is meant. These fat cells are desirable because they help you lose weight. The mitochondria it contains convert fatty acids and glucose into warming energy.
We have most of the brown fat cells in infancy. Unfortunately, these are noticeably lost as they grow up. However, the leftover can be reactivated by taking a cold shower. Scandinavian researchers found this out in a study.
Brown adipose tissue as a slimming agent: How fat helps you lose weight
5. Taking a cold shower strengthens the body's defenses
With a refreshingly cold shower, you can not only do something good for your skin and hair. You can also strengthen your immune system with a cold shower. That was the result of a study from the Netherlands.
It was examined to what extent cold showering affects health and work. The scientists found that the 'cold shower' group called in sick less often than the control group. In addition, it has been found that cold showers also have a positive effect on mood and productivity.
6. Taking a cold shower will help your muscles
An ice bath helps the muscles to regenerate after hard training or a competition, as we already know from our national soccer team. Since we do not want to or have to constantly bathe in ice after exercise, it is nice to hear that cold water can also be enough to relax the muscles and to support the body in healing sore muscles.
Mistakes while showering: we always did THAT wrongVideo by Sarah Glaubach
Even more exciting:
Is the gloss missing? EVERYONE makes these mistakes when washing their hair
These 6 mistakes EVERYONE makes while bathing ruin your skin
7 mistakes EVERY woman makes while blow-drying her hair (and how to do it right!)
- What is important in life
- What spell did Voldemort use on Snape?
- Why is Russia blocking China's WeChat
- What are some creative mobile marketing strategies
- What are publication fees
- Which cats don't shed
- What should I not do in Switzerland?
- In general, Star Wars movies are boring
- How can someone be intelligent yet lazy
- Which online homeschool is the best
- How is dementia diagnosed in the elderly
- Can someone Airbnb his rented apartment
- What graphics card does your PC have
- Which commercial cookies do you love
- What is something as middle class
- Why don't relationships with middle school work
- What do owls represent in the Bible?
- Has anyone ever tried IQOption
- Where does money actually come from?
- Is data mining machine learning
- Men see women attractive with freckles
- Depression is the worst mental illness
- What is jewelry fashion
- What is the future of Steam
- How would I bake a chocolate cake
- What is a singular term for ignorant
- What is the healthiest authentic Italian dish
- What are the benefits of gamification in e-learning
- Why do government banks offer poor services
- What makes BlackRock so amazing
- Why are people so drawn to clapping?
- How did you save a million dollars
- How many cultures are there in Ethiopia