Which is better SAP or SAS
SAS and SAP are the undisputed market leaders for the Business Intelligence (BI) segment in Germany. At least this has now been determined by the Würzburg Business Application Research Center (BARC). According to this, SAS Institute achieved by far the highest sales among the 50 largest providers in this country with 83 million euros and SAP with 74 million euros last year. This is followed by seven software providers with a business volume between 20 and 33 million euros. In addition to IBM, Oracle and Microsoft, they include the major business intelligence specialists Cognos, NCR Teradata, Business Objects and Hyperion (now at Oracle). At a certain distance, the ERP provider Infor follows in 10th place. Its good position is primarily due to the takeover of the provider MIS. According to BARC, there are around 80 providers in the business intelligence market. According to Managing Director Carsten Bange, some of them might well have the chance to make the leap into the top 10 in the next few years, as the gaps are small. According to BARC, the total volume of the German market is estimated at 606 million euros.
The major software providers Microsoft, Oracle, IBM and SAP in particular have recently increased their share of sales not only through organic growth, but also through acquisitions (see also "Oracle shakes the BI market"). For example, Oracle's acquisition of Hyperion brought about 28.5 million euros more software sales with business intelligence in Germany. However, Oracle is now faced with the challenge of maintaining sales in 2007. In addition, do some of the international mergers have no impact on the national market? For example, the providers Pilot Software and OutlookSoft recently bought by SAP were only marginally represented in this country. (as)
BARC defines software sales as the sum of licenses sold and the annual maintenance or rental fee that each software provider charges. Rental models or the provision of software by a service provider (application service providing or software-as-a-service) can also be recorded. The market figures are based on individual market research by the analysts, methods of time series analysis and voluntary information provided by software manufacturers. Some of the values were estimated.
In principle, BARC differentiates the total sales of software for business intelligence into two areas, which are based on the usual architecture of a business intelligence system. The user tools include license and maintenance income from reporting, analysis, data mining, planning, consolidation and OLAP solutions (including multidimensional databases). The turnover in data management results from the sale and maintenance of solutions for data integration, data quality and data storage in business intelligence / data warehouse projects.
- What drugs reduce autistic behavior
- People were more attractive 4,000 years ago
- What Are Some Neurobion Tablet Used For
- How much chocolate can kill a dog
- When do you have your lunch?
- Which is worse cancer or cancer treatment
- How do I find work abroad
- Has someone been hit by a meteorite?
- Which country gives free citizenship
- How was the spiral of life discovered
- What are some famous cases of slander
- What is a criminal investigation
- What is the healthiest
- What is my activity feed for Quora
- When was the Google Sandbox first displayed?
- What is driving the tension in Hong Kong and China
- What do students hate about other children?
- Are there black Indonesians
- What triggers your fear
- Why is fast food good
- Can you take pictures of atoms
- How many cultures are there in Ethiopia
- Which board game requires the most strategy
- How does affiliate marketing work