Why do we sterilize
Autoclaving (steam sterilization process)
- Cleanroom glossary
- Autoclaving (steam sterilization process)
What is that? We explain it:
Autoclaving is a form of steam sterilization and is considered to be one of the most reliable sterilization methods. It is usually carried out in a so-called autoclave at temperatures between 110 ° C and 140 ° C and under increased pressure. There is no such thing as a 100% sterility condition. However, autoclaving can also kill bacterial spores and achieve a harmless, practically sterile condition of cleanroom consumables such as clothing, adhesive tape, paper, cleaning utensils and stainless steel components.
Table of Contents
1. Application example
3. Selection of autoclaved products on pure11
1. Application example
The germs are reliably killed after 20 minutes at 121 ° C. and a pressure of 2 bar.
The focus is on one of the most important germs, the Clostridium botulinum. It is a spore and toxin forming bacterium with a very high heat resistance and resistance to external influences. The spores can survive for decades and can be reactivated if not heated sufficiently. The taking of Clostridium botulinum contaminated food can be fatal.
In the example above (121 ° C & 20 min), the number of germs is reduced by about 6 log levels. The killing time depends on the initial number of germs.
The autoclaving process works on the principle of a steam or pressure cooker. Due to the increased pressure and the effect of heat over a longer period of time, the protein in the cells of the microorganisms coagulates. This means that the secondary and tertiary structure of the molecules changes and the biological function is no longer, or only minimally, given. The possibility of autoclavability is particularly relevant for consumables.
The process is used in biology, the glass industry, the aerospace industry, and medical and food technology. It is also often used for the sterilization of cleanroom clothing.
3. Products pure11
Not all consumables from the clean room are suitable for autoclaving. Please do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to help you and explain it to you!
- When was the HIV epidemic?
- Which requires more intelligence, math or chess
- Have people started naming countries on Mars
- What are some reasons to like the school?
- Have you ever thought about taking the veil?
- Why do people think Chinese speaks Mandarin?
- Is Indonesia better than Malaysia
- What will happen to Trump's impeachment
- Can light have mass
- What are the main spiritual awakening symptoms
- Which god created the universe
- What happens to an unclaimed property
- We live in a dream
- Why can't we breathe on Mars?
- Why do Maharashtrians love Tamils
- Which tool for room measurement
- Why don't popular Quorans ask questions
- Should girls play football
- Which nouns are masculine in French
- Crazy driving is common in Saudi Arabia
- What does the 3-point symbol mean
- What kind of fast food do Indians consume more?
- Are conscious animals
- What are mechanical interview questions