Why is Darth Vader called Darth Vader
Darth Vader: The man behind the mask
In collaboration with Gerben van IJken - experts in toys and games
"Luke I am your father". Not hard to guess which movie we are referring to here. The moment Luke Skywalker finds out that Darth Vader is actually his father is considered one of the most shocking moments in the Star Wars franchise. Some even claim it was one of the most exciting moments in film history. Darth Vader, the evil character with the creepy mask and black armor, has become one of the most iconic villains in pop culture.But who is actually the man behind the mask? You might be surprised, but in fact the character was played by 4 different actors. We introduce you.
The man who played Darth Vader during the three Star Wars films was David Prowse. Prowse, a former bodybuilder, was chosen for his impressive physique. This was the only way to see the threatening appearanceDarth Vader‘s create. It was unknown for a long time that the role was played by Prowse.
If Prowse was the man in the costume, it was Sebastian Shaw who unmasked him Darth Vader acted in "Return of the Jedi". Since this was a key scene in the series, director George Lucas wanted Vader to be played by a more experienced actor. In the end, it was exactly 2 minutes and 7 seconds of film history. And of course, because that was when Vader's face was shown, everyone thought Shaw was the character's actor. Much to Prowse's chagrin.
James Earl Jones
But it gets worse for Prowse. Not only was his face never seen, Vader's voice was also someone else's. Darth Vader's goosebumps voice comes from actor James Earl Jones. Since Prowse had a heavy English accent, his voice seemed unsuitable for the role. Jones, on the other hand, had the perfect voice, dark and quiet.
The detailed lightsaber-Fight scenes were played by stuntman Bob Anderson. None of the gentlemen named above probably had the necessary combat coastline and athleticism.
The youngest actor from the films, also played the young Darth Vader. When he was selected for the younger version of Anakin Skywalker, he was only 19 years old. Rumor has it that he could also be spotted filming the latest Star Wars film "The Last Jedi". So we will probably see him again soon.
The bottom line is that the role of one of the most famous villains in film history was not very successful for Prowse personally. You couldn't hear his voice, he couldn't prove himself to be a stuntman and not even his face could be seen in the cinema. And yet: many Star Wars fans consider David Prowse to be the only Darth Vader. What do you think?
Take a look at ours Star Wars auction and let yourself be seduced by our selection of Star Wars merchandise, Lego- and other special objects. May the Force be with you as you make your bid.
- Which country pays software engineers the most
- What was the name of the first copy machines
- When does water turn into steam
- In general, Star Wars movies are boring
- How many US troops are in Syria
- What is the course duration of SAS
- How Jewish is New York
- What makes Japan different
- Is Queens NY safe
- Who is Miriam Fabrick
- Can you cheat with a scientific calculator
- What are common misconceptions about IQ
- No hustle and bustle
- What's your rating of Fresno CA.
- Why is Bangladesh developing faster than Pakistan
- Can I sell digital products on WordPress
- What spell did Voldemort use on Snape?
- What makes a person physically ugly
- How clean is your home on average
- How was you diagnosed with bipolar disorder
- Which video game has the most sequels
- Hillary Clinton is under investigation
- How is the structure of nickel DMG
- Spacetime would be possible without gravity
- Is it profitable to work in the games industry
- Is Anglicanism very similar to Catholicism?
- How is kg defined
- Can ADHD Drugs Change Personality?
- When do you use reddit versus Quora
- Why shouldn't Donald Trump be charged?
- What is corporation tax
- Big companies host their own websites
- Why does absolute power absolutely corrupt
- How can I win everyday problems