What are OECD countries
Welcome to the website of the Federal Foreign Office
The OECD (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development) was founded on December 14, 1960. It emerged from the OEEC (Organization for European Economic Co-operation).
The OECD Convention is the basis for the work of the organization. Your key messages are set out in Article 1:
The aim of the OECD is to promote a policy aimed at
(a) To achieve optimal economic development and employment as well as a rising standard of living in the Member States while maintaining financial stability and thereby contribute to the development of the world economy,
(b) to contribute to healthy economic growth in Member and non-Member States in the process of economic development; and
(c) Contribute to the expansion of world trade on a multilateral and non-discriminatory basis, in accordance with international obligations.
History, structure and functioning of the OECD:see OECD overview
Convention: see OECD Convention
OECD - Current Events: see event overview
External relations, enlargement and deeper cooperation: see areas of responsibility
The member states
Twenty countries signed the convention in Paris on December 14, 1960 in a solemn ceremony in the clock room of the French Foreign Ministry (Hôtel du Ministre, Quai d'Orsay). Since then, a further 16 countries have become members of the OECD.
According to the 1960 Convention, the EU Commission takes part in the work of the OECD.
Germany deposited the instrument of ratification on September 27, 1961.
Many representations of the member states have their own internet presence or refer to the homepage of their ministry. The date on which the ratification document was deposited and the language version of the website are given for the respective link.
Further information is available directly from the OECD at http://www.oecd.org/about/membersandpartners/
- Can you own a bazooka
- Is grass a part of nature
- How do I convert SGPA to CGPA
- What images can make someone spiritually
- A career in construction management is good
- What is the lethal dose for poppy seeds
- Which are the free online education portals
- The puzzle about the Bermuda Triangle has been solved
- How is phishing carried out
- Is a fasting diet effective
- Should Arvind Kejriwal be the next PM
- What makes you feel fulfilled
- Are Vietnamese a mixed nation
- How smart is Sam Harris
- Life in Singapore is fun
- When did households stop using asbestos?
- How do you deal with gas lighters
- What's your rating of Monsanto
- How is nude art
- Is it fascinating to visit Chernobyl
- Registered sex offenders can have smartphones
- Why should we keep moving forward
- Is home-cooked food healthy?
- How do I become self-employed