How long do you cook a turkey
The juiciest turkey in the world
First, the turkey gets a nice, salty brine. To do this, mix one liter of water with the apple juice (or the xylitol aka birch sugar) and the salt. Add 2 sprigs of thyme, 2 sprigs of rosemary and 2 bay leaves.
Now cut the turkey lengthways in half. If you don't have poultry shears, just ask your butcher beforehand to cut the turkey in half. Now you need the largest pot or roaster you can find. You put the turkey halves in and pour your brine over them. Finally, fill the container with enough water to completely cover the turkey.
Now the pot needs to be cool. Either your refrigerator has enough space, or you look for the coldest place - such as a balcony or cellar. Here, the brine is allowed to act for 2 hours in a covered pot, or even better overnight, and tenderize the meat.
Before the turkey goes into the oven, take it out of the brine and rinse it off thoroughly. You can safely dump the salt water away. Preheat the oven to 220-250 ° C.
You can now wash, clean and cut the vegetables into large pieces. Then spread it on the bottom of a sufficiently large roaster. Melt half of the butter and mix it with the vegetables with a little salt and pepper. Pat the turkey dry and place on the vegetables, rub with the remaining butter and season with salt and pepper.
The roasting pan is now on the lowest rack in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the turkey browns comfortably. Then reduce the temperature to 160 ° C. Pour on the broth and add the remaining herbs. The liquid should be halfway through the roasting pan. Add more water if it is not enough. Now cover the roasting pan completely with aluminum foil so that the turkey can stew nicely in the steam.
The roast must remain in the oven for 1-1.5 hours. If you have a roast thermometer, check when the temperature of the breast piece has reached 70 °. Then the turkey is deliciously juicy and ready to eat! Enjoy the feast!
For a festive touch, you can brush the turkey with my cranberry glaze shortly before the end of cooking - or you can serve it as a sauce on the plate.
- What is the etymology of them
- How am I supposed to invest 50 in Robinhood
- Who owns WordPress
- What material are coins made of
- Are food preservatives good or bad
- How many types of boats are there
- How does the US education system work
- What are good tech software review sites
- Who killed John Kennedy
- What happens before a tsunami
- What global problem did China face?
- What challenges do most data scientists ignore?
- How does SpaceX sell itself to NASA
- What defines a sales channel
- How many grams are in 1 amu
- What is the derivative of v u + at
- Can I use PayPal in Myanmar?
- Can plants grow on people?
- What exactly is fire in the stomach
- What is the best homework help app
- When did the holistic training begin?
- How many watts in 1000 joules
- How are nuclear-powered submarines powered?
- Can I sell digital products on WordPress