How does the temperature depend on the resistance?
Illustration of the electrical resistance
The electrical resistance is a measure of how much voltage is required to achieve a certain current flow (current strength) in an electrical conductor.
This can be illustrated with the following comparisons:
If you stand on the bank of a large river, significantly more water can flow past with the same gradient than with a narrow river
You stand at the edge of a street. Significantly more cars can pass by on a three-lane highway than on a single-lane highway
Electrical Resistance Facts
- Unit: 1 Ohm (Ω)
- The higher the electrical resistance of a conductor,
the lower the current flow / the current strength (indirect proportionality)
What does the electrical resistance of a conductor depend on?
More detailed information is available on the Resistance of a conductor page.
- Comment # 8678 by 3c, pgrg 1328.03.14 9:25 AM
3c, pgrg 13
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen!
The picture to illustrate the electrical resistance is wrong! The same number of electrons should be drawn everywhere in the conductor. They are only slower with greater resistance. We ask you to change this picture.
Her 3C at the Dominican High School, Vienna
- What is a good profit margin in wholesale
- How Much is Too Much Ramen Noodles
- How does Microsoft Teams work
- What are the health benefits of running
- Why don't people answer my important questions
- How do you entangle particles
- How do most people perceive old age
- How popular is food delivery
- What is jaw breaker
- How do I cure ADHD in children
- Is 1 0 infinite
- What's your biggest problem with vegans
- What did Egyptian servants eat?
- Why do some questions have no answers
- Can trigger IFTTT on iMessage
- What percentage of Yahoo responses are wrong
- How Islamic are the Islamic countries
- Reading can be a passion
- Can cats see IR
- Why don't food companies care about health
- What do Trump supporters think of Canada?
- How efficiently do you save water
- Are geniuses more narcissistic
- Is the time different in different universes