Why does Thailand have conscription
BANGKOK: Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has instructed the armed forces to consider proposals to abolish compulsory military service and replace it with voluntary military service.
Defense Department spokesman Lt. Gen. Kongcheep Tantrawanit said at a press conference that Prayut had given the instruction in his capacity as Defense Minister during a meeting of the National Defense Council. His main concern is whether voluntary military service would affect national security. The armed forces should also investigate whether the abolition of conscription would affect the personnel structure and budget of the military.
Activists and the Future Forward Party have called for the abolition of conscription. Future Forward announced that it will introduce a law to amend the Ministry of Defense law to make conscription voluntary. The bill stipulates that soldiers receive a starting salary of 15,000 baht.
- What is Adam Schiff's IQ
- Are all fit people healthy
- Can anyone see my question
- What are some examples of criminal cases
- Is it legal to kill someone in self-defense?
- What are good social media research questions
- Which country pays software engineers the most
- What discovery has shaped the whole of history for mankind
- What is corporation tax
- What are the basic emotions
- Drinking hot water reduces pimples
- What Unsaturated Fats Are Bad For You?
- How can you reset a first impression
- What is slow travel
- Why is Tanzania an undeveloped country
- What are the downsides of having a lot of friends
- Multi-excavator recommendations for 2020
- What is it like to have gout
- Why do introverts rethink
- How the infrared sensor differs from the ultrasonic sensor
- Is the bending of spacetime possible at all?
- What does normal distribution mean
- What was your biggest career mistake?
- Why is Arsenal called Arsenal