Should sociopaths be banned from being parents
Family law: Constitutional Court strengthens parental custody
The Federal Constitutional Court has strengthened the right of parental authority. Parents do not have to positively prove their ability to bring up their children. Instead, the judges justified their decision in the case of a Ghanaian who had lodged a constitutional complaint against the withdrawal of custody of his daughter in order to withdraw custody. (Az. 1 BvR 1178/14) The state should not put its idea of successful child-rearing in place of the parental idea.
In the justification, the judges emphasized that authorities are only allowed to take away their children from parents if the parents are "endangering the child's" physical, mental or emotional well-being "in the long term. If courts rely on expert reports, they have to "strictly" check their validity, decided the Constitutional Court.
The judges thus lifted the deprivation of custody of the applicant's daughter, who was born in February 2013. The girl's mother suffers from severe mental illness and none of her four older children live with her. During the pregnancy with the fifth child, the parents separated. After a negative assessment of the father's suitability for upbringing, the child was placed in a foster family shortly after birth by order of the local court.
In this report, the court found indications that the father had not been treated with the necessary impartiality. The expert did not even ask the question about the risk to the child's welfare. Rather, she rated its origin in a "factually incomprehensible degree" negatively.
In addition, the experts assessed negatively that the father "values the African upbringing methods significantly higher than the European ones" and called "follow-up training" with regard to "the ability to understand European upbringing methods" as necessary.
The family courts had confirmed the decision of the youth welfare office. They had based themselves on an expert opinion, the usability of which the constitutional judges expressed considerable doubts. It was said on Friday that the "coming to the fore from an African country was rated negatively to an objectively incomprehensible degree" several times. The family court must now re-examine the case.
- What is the scope for telecommunication systems
- Jeremy Lin speaks Chinese
- What foods contribute to high triglycerides
- What is water purification newest method
- What happened to the Mars rover
- Why is Hadoop important
- Which apps are real money-makers
- What are SARM supplements
- How do I add Fortnite to Steam
- Why does Great Britain have public holidays?
- In Rebels, Zeb took care of Ezra
- What do you call horse meat
- How did Kevin Durant get so big
- Has the price been rigged by Ripples?
- Why does my stomach puff up after eating?
- How should I turn off Facebook ads?
- Can dogs drink distilled water
- Why doesn't NASA have dwarf astronauts?
- Why do blacks defend East Asians
- Should Fortnite be banned in the UK
- Fatty liver can cause cancer
- How does social media unite a country?
- You Can Get Diabetes If You Don't Eat
- What is the healthiest authentic Italian dish