How do you talk about discord
Pope: Talking bad things about others is just as harmful as atomic bombs
During his visit to a Roman parish, Francis preached: "We are specialists in seeing the bad in others, but not in ourselves."
Pope Francis has sharply criticized bad speech about others. Chatter sowed discord, enmity and evil, he said on Sunday evening, according to Kathpress, during a parish visit in the diocese of Rome. "If you talk badly of others, you start a war. It is a step towards war, towards destruction. Destroying someone with words is just like doing that with an atomic bomb."
Language can be just as destructive as an atom bomb, emphasized Francis in his sermon. He called for people to think about how to interact with others during the 40-day fasting period that began on Wednesday.
The beam in your own eye
The Pope is also Bishop of the Diocese of Rome. At the end of his half-day visit to the church "San Crispino da Viterbo" in the Roman suburb of Labaro, he celebrated a mass with the community. In the passage of the day from the Gospel of Luke it says: "How can you say to your brother, Brother, let me pull the splinter out of your eye! While you cannot see the log in your own eye?" (Lk 6, 39-45).
"We are specialists in seeing the bad in others, but not in us," said Francis. Then he bowed to gossip about others that could lead to "wars" in the household, in one's own neighborhood, at work, in school or even in a parish.
Criticizing others is instigated by the devil, said the Pope and also named two antidotes: Prayer - for others and also for oneself, so that one can keep silent. Should that not help, Francis gave a practical tip: "Bite your tongue. Then it swells up so that you cannot speak." The congregation responded to this statement by the Pope with applause and smiles.
Francis had arrived in Labaro on Sunday afternoon around 4 p.m. Before mass, he met children and young people from the community as well as parents and their baptized children. He also made time for the poor, the sick, the disabled, the homeless and volunteers. The Pope also made confessions from some parishioners.
- Can people with diabetes consume Coke Zero
- What do I do after the spiritual awakening
- Does Islam allow alcohol and why
- How much is a gigolo paid
- Who was the strangest Roman emperor?
- Will jogging help me lose belly fat
- Is romance overrated
- How does it feel to be thin
- Whose SEO is better Squarespace or Weebly
- Are the Irish racist
- How can you keep gold jewelry clean?
- Why do people fall for clickbaits
- Which questions do wikis have to answer
- What is a random walk in statistics
- What are some uniquely American foods
- Bangladesh is becoming more conservative
- How much does a lot cost
- Is the SAS better than Delta Force
- How can we apply to train drivers
- Are there Bitcoin startups in Singapore
- What makes a good short film
- Give an example of your grain
- Why do people keep calling me fat
- Obesity can cause infertility