What is IoT in 2018
2018 will be an important year of transition for the breakthrough of the IoT in various industries such as healthcare or manufacturing.
On the surface, the Internet of Things (IoT), i.e. the global networking of all conceivable devices, machines and gadgets such as smartphones, cars, houses or industrial machines, is a relatively new topic.
Strictly speaking, the basics can be traced back half a century - right up to Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) - designed in 1968 as a special industrial computer for controlling manufacturing processes in industrial machines, as recently reported here in the blog.
Today, as it were as the second part, the look ahead: The American design agency Infographic Design Team sees 2018 as an important year of transition for the breakthrough of the IoT - and has identified the six currently most important trends.
For example, on the use of IoT in the medical sector: According to this, global IoT spending in the health sector alone is expected to swell to 117 billion dollars by 2020 - with an average growth rate of 15 percent per year.
Another obvious trend is the massive boom in mobile devices: There will be five billion connected IoT devices this year - a figure that will increase fivefold to 25 billion gadgets by the end of 2020. In a few years' time, the motto will no longer be “mobile first”, but rather “mobile only”.
The other IoT trends - such as location-based devices using GPS, in the automotive sector, secure home networking and industrial production - can be found in the following infographic:
Source: InfographicDesignTeam / Visualistan
The story of the Internet of Things from the Programmable Logic Controller 1968
Smart Cities: Every fifth city has already introduced solutions in the Internet of Things
IoT: Companies prefer IT service providers & Microsoft - in Germany SAP
A quarter of companies see the Internet of Things as the greatest IT threat in 2025
- Dyson fans actually cool the air
- Is nature real
- What are all the Harry Potter spells
- How is HIM Gandhinagar 1
- Why is America so against social health care
- Which country is the best economy
- Who is Dominos Target Market
- How are you today 60
- How can I legally stab someone
- How do you enable the application cache
- How do you solve this circuit problem
- What is Trump's gun control policy
- How to say bus in Malay
- How do I open blogs in Quora
- Can a diabetic have bariatric surgery?
- Is GoDaddy good for web hosting
- What does entrophy mean in music
- Why is everyone so fat
- 1 million euros is how much INR
- Is it legal to buy currencies online
- Why do some people think communism sucks?
- You can take ibuprofen with Benadryl
- You can suck on your own balls
- Who is a person you cannot tolerate