What is magnetic bearing
Magnetic bearings from EAAT
The EAAT team has been setting new standards in the development and construction of magnetic bearings for more than 25 years. We use our experience to develop and manufacture magnetic bearings in a wide variety of designs and for a wide variety of industries - always precisely tailored to the needs of our customers.
EAAT engineers will be happy to develop a magnetic bearing for you that is precisely tailored to your application.
Advantages of magnetic bearings from EAAT
A magnetic bearing works without contact and is therefore wear-free. Lubricants do not have to be used, and maintenance requirements are low. Due to their hermetic encapsulation, they are ideal for vacuum applications or use in clean rooms.
Magnetic bearings enable direct process monitoring and the setting of position parameters via the control electronics during operation. Vibrations and imbalances can be actively dampened with magnetic bearings from EAAT.
A magnetic bearing - what is it?
A magnetic bearing enables storage without material contact by using magnetic forces. In principle, active and passive magnetic bearings can be distinguished from one another.
Active magnetic bearings
Active magnetic bearings generate their bearing force through regulated electromagnets that are arranged around the shaft. The position of the shaft is recorded using position sensors. The differences between the setpoint and actual values of the position are evaluated by digital control electronics and compensated for with the aid of the power electronics. For this purpose, the electromagnets in the active magnetic bearing are controlled in such a way that the shaft remains in the desired position or assumes this position. A continuous change of the setpoint is possible - e.g. B. when the shaft is to be moved on a revolving path.
Active magnetic bearings are dependent on a constant power supply and are therefore usually equipped with a mechanical safety bearing that provides protection in the event of a power failure.
Passive magnetic bearings
The functionality of passive magnetic bearings is based on the forces of permanent magnets. Depending on the force acting on the shaft, there is a deflection from the central position, which remains as long as this force is active. For this reason, passive bearings are used when a force-related position deviation can be permitted.
Often, passive magnetic bearings are combined with conventional bearings or an active magnetic bearing. Contactless storage in the radial and axial direction only with passive bearings is not possible. However, passive magnetic bearings are cheaper and do not depend on a functioning power supply.
Areas of application
Thanks to their advantages, magnetic bearings are a powerful alternative to conventional bearing principles. They are used, for example, in compressors, vacuum applications, tool spindles and textile machines.
Products already implemented
|Speed [rpm]||Radial bearing force 967||Thrust bearing force 967||Shaft mass [kg]||Data Sheets|
|High speed motor||140.000||40||200||1,2||German|
|Rotating bending test stand||-||8.000||-||2 x 85 (shared)|
|Retention bearing test bench||6.800||16.000||20.000||1.600|
|Flywheel energy storage||45.000||30 (passive)||300||8|
- How to feed wild rabbits
- What is the lethal dose for poppy seeds
- Did you work on Thanksgiving 2019?
- How will an AliExpress affiliate make money
- How can the US collapse from within
- Is Greta Thunberg an actress
- What is the Markov chain
- A time travel backwards is theoretically possible
- What does Lex Imperfecta
- What is a confidence interval in statistics
- What is the honeymoon destination you propose
- Refugees should work
- Should I leave my husband
- How is Quora different from Google
- Can magnetic compasses be used in space?
- Cancer can grow in an alkaline environment
- How fast do you eat too fast
- Have wormholes energy
- How dangerous is sugar for our health
- What are some evergreen blog niches
- Can we eat milk while we have typhoid?
- What is a D D dice set
- Are PSU employees government employees
- Can Exodus 21 20 21 be justified
- How can someone logically be an atheist?
- Which is India's most idiotic prime minister
- How much is silver worth per ounce
- What are Russia's gun laws
- Can burn over water
- Skin cancer is always metastatic
- What will happen to Trump's impeachment
- How does being overweight affect your hormones
- Which state has the best education system?