What is nickel chloride used for?
Forum: Boards Nickel plating - preparing the solution - chemical question
Hello, chemistry in school was unfortunately a while ago :( Can someone translate that into quantities? "The prepared nickel plating solution contains nickel (II) cations Ni2 + aq: NiCl2 aq 1M in HCl 0.1M." Available ingredients: HCl approx 30% distilled water NiCl2 How much do I need to make up 1 liter of solution? Thank you in advance ...
Do you really have yellowish anhydrous nickel chloride instead of green-blue hexyhydrate? Of this, fill up 130g to 1 liter with hydrochloric acid diluted to 0.3% (i.e. 990ml distilled water with 10ml HCl 30%). Of course, this does not result in a proper nickel electrolyte, because there are no brighteners and everything that gives a solid surface.
MaWin wrote:> You really have yellowish anhydrous nickel chloride instead of green-blue> hexyhydrate? Nope. I ordered that: ebay191201338766 NICKEL CHLORIDE HEXAHYDRATE - 250 G - PURTY 99.0% MaWin wrote:> Of course, this does not result in a proper nickel electrolyte, because it lacks> Brighteners and everything that results in a solid surface. Do you know a better way with available ingredients? Thanks.
hp friend wrote:> Nope. I thought, then 236g, it was even there :-) hp-Freund wrote:> Do you know a better option with available ingredients? Http: //www.chemie.de/lexikon/Nickelelektrolyte.htmlhttp: //de.wikipedia .org / wiki / Nickeling Get yourself a strip of nickel as a counter electrode Ebay article No. 181365703903 then there is always as much nickel hay in solution as is used.
Thank you MaWin, thank you very much for the information. Now I finally know what this sweetener should be good for ;-) But butenediol ???
Nickel chloride plus hydrochloric acid just doesn't work! Take: 240 g / L nickel sulfate 40 g / L nickel chloride 30 g / L boric acid results in a matt nickel coating (Watts Nickel) at 1-2A / dm when added to the solution of 0.6g / l 2-butyne-1,4- diol 1.5g / L saccarin 0.15g / L sodium lauryl sulphate mirror-like coating with few defects other solution: 240 g / L nickel sulphate 40 g / L potassium chloride 30 g / L boric acid 0.6g / l 2-butyne-1,4-diol 1.5g / L Saccarin 0.15g / L Sodium Lauryl Sulphate perfect light, mirror-smooth coating The problem, however, is that you will hardly ever come across sodium lauryl sulphate and 2-butyn-1,4-diol as well as boric acid. Everything classified as toxic. You could still make the boric acid yourself. And then take a pure nickel anode from where if not steal it?
Werner H. wrote:> The problem is that you will hardly ever get to sodium lauryl sulfate and> 2-butyne-1,4-diol and boric acid. Yes, but I don't want these problems. I got the original recipe above from a post that also deals with copper plating, gilding and brassing. So far I've only tried the copper electrolyte. Works great. So I'll give HCl and NiCl2 a try. Thank you anyway.
Write an answer
Providing an email address is voluntary. If you would like to be automatically informed by e-mail about replies to your post, please log in.
Important rules - read first, then post!
- Use upper and lower case
- Do not insert longer source code in the text, but as a file attachment
Formatting (more information ...)
- [c] C code [/ c]
- [code] Code in other languages, ASCII drawings [/ code]
- [math] Formula in LaTeX syntax [/ math]
- [[Title]] - Link to article
- Insert reference to another post: right click on post title,
"Copy address" and paste it into the text
- Why are communication protocols required
- Running helps keep the brain sharp
- What is the CPU cache
- How can I float my boat
- What's stopping you from being conservative
- What is legally considered a firearm
- What are the most respected professions
- What is Saenger S Janaki's best song
- Can I post photos on my blog
- Is it worth buying Microsoft Surface Pro 4
- How do you turn metal into gold
- What are the cheap hotels in Langkawi
- Which national currency has the lowest value
- GOOGLE knows every answer
- How much does Quora make from ads
- Where is etsy com hosted
- What is a trade
- What is a good name for an online boutique shop
- What is the Healthiest Alkaline Diet
- What makes you passionate about your job
- Are there incomprehensible numbers?
- How can people quickly forget things
- How do you react to "nothing much"
- What is the oldest building in the USA